Matrix broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cecil30-30

Matrix broadheads

Post by cecil30-30 »

Well I've ordered a camo matrix 380,and should have it in 2 weeks or so,super excited,its my first ever brand new crossbow.Just curious as to what broadheads everyone is useing or plans on useing? Just looking for one that flies straight and groups good.Right now im leaning towards the NAP crossbow killzone.Yay or Nay?
Normous

Re: Matrix broadheads

Post by Normous »

I took a hog in Arkansas in February using my M380, Diablos and 125 gr Slick Trick with good results. For deer this fall I may use the Rage 3 again since I am 10/10 with that head out of my Equinox. The NAP FOC 170 gr 3" cut sure has my attention right now and there is a good change it will see some ventilating action this fall out of the M380.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Excal1

Post by Excal1 »

My 380 likes 100gr Viper Tricks. I have only shot them out to 50 yards so far, but they fly just like a fp.
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

I can't believe that cop put me in the back seat when I clearly called shotgun.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I am going with Swhackers this year out of the Matrix355
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

have shot the normal 100gr spitfires for quite a few years and a short stint with rage, but this year got a heck of a deal for 100gr spitfire maxx for the matrix 355 that will be here next week :D
Last edited by Deaf jeff on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
Dave Campbell

Post by Dave Campbell »

I have been shooting the Killzones from NAP, found that the 125's shoot a better group out to 50 yds than the 100's did. I am using the practice blades in them and don't think it will be any different with the real blades. I will know by Sunday, big boar hogs are raiding my protein feeders and the trail cam has a good pattern.

That NAP FOC knocks an humongous hole in deer. The deer I shot, the head didn't open on the entry side but it was open when it got in there. The exit hole was just shy of 5".
Brake1

Post by Brake1 »

I have shot the 7/8" Sonic Broadhead in my Mathews Ultramax and Exocet (carved limbs) for several years with great success. I have shot it out of my Matrix 380 and it flies great with it also. Most likely I will be hunting with it this year. This broadhead seems small but it really cuts a huge hole. Has anyone checked out the “Toxic” Broadhead introduced by “Flying Arrow Archery." I bought a pack and hope to shoot them this weekend.
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

i agree with brake, only i shoot the 125 steel sonics 1 and an eighth; 4 for 4 out to 45 yrds great blood trails, fly with my fieldpoints. :D
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
turbo

Post by turbo »

Hey Brake1,I would love to hear about those new broadheads.They look mean.I pick up my new 380 next week end and would like to try different b/h before deer season.
thanks
LIVING THE DREAM
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

My Slick Trick 100 gr. Mags shoot good and as well as the QAD Exodus 100 gr. Heads out of my 380.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Brake1

Post by Brake1 »

Yesterday, I shot the Toxic BH out of the 380, it flies like a field point . I used it on my old foam target and I am glad I did, it cut plugs similar to ones you see when you aerate your yard. Overall it flies like a filed point but is not as rugged as the Sonic, one of the blades broke off on the fifth shot. I can practice with a Sonic repeatedly without it showing any damage and have retrieved them from the dirt after shooting an animal without any visible damage. I like the way the Toxic shoots and the damage it leaves but it will be hard not to stick with the Sonic. I may try the 125 grain Sonic like MBC4 or the 150 gr., prior to the season opener, but the 100 gr is deadly. I never talk bad about anyone's setup but can get passionate about mine. I have learned a lot from this forum and enjoy reading all the posts and comments.
turbo

Post by turbo »

Thanks for the info Brake1-when I get my 380 I think I will stick with my 125gr Thunderheads for this season,if they shoot great,which they always have out of my Exomax.Again thanks Brake1,I know that this is only your testing-but it is reality. :D
LIVING THE DREAM