Excalibur Bag Target?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ELLIS

Excalibur Bag Target?

Post by ELLIS »

There have been may threads here to do with targets but I do not remember anyone recommending the Excalibur Bag Target. Any thought or experiences?

I currently have a shot out BullDog target. Tired of paying for new target faces for it...

I would be shooting the target with an Equinox using 360 grain field tipped bolts.
Attachments
Bag Target.jpg
Bag Target.jpg (54.33 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
ELLIS

Re: Excalibur Bag Target?

Post by ELLIS »

Thanks xcaliber I am aware of the Rinehart 18-1 as well as the Spider target, The Black Hole, the Morrell Bone Collector, the Third Hand Rag Bag, the Rinehart Rhino Block, etc. None of these exist in my area. Lately I am getting fed up that every time that I want something, I have to buy it online, unseen. I can drive to several local stores and pick up an Excalibur target if I want to.

What I want to hear about is the Excalibur Bag Target. What I your thoughts on it?
Last edited by ELLIS on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Equinox (2011)
HHA Optimizer
OFAH Member
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Might be worth checking into ...it looks like one wal-mart had online that is sold out now ....wasn't Excalibur printed on it but looks just like it except for that.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I have the excal bag target! works fine on field points with the lower poundage bows! will not shoot my matrix at it as i am pretty sure it will go right through!only shoot matrix at 18-1
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
TPM

Post by TPM »

We used these for the crossbow clinics at the recent WITO week-end. Great job at stopping arrows but we never had anything more powerful than a Phoenix. Very easy to pull arrows from. Not sure what they cost but they might worth trying if they're not too expensive. I don't know how well they will stand up long term as the ones we used probably only stopped about 100 or so shots each.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

These bags are great!

I had the opportunity to use several of these at a women's xbow clinic earlier this year. The target bags took a beating as 30+ women shot them throughout the day. At the end of the day they still looked great.

I was very surprised at how easy the arrows were to remove. We'd packed Danny Miller pullers expecting to be pulling arrows all day, but didn't used them once! In fact, after giving the ladies some directions on safe arrow removal and they were easily able to remove them all.

I would have no trouble recommending the Excalibur target.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
roly

Post by roly »

I have the Excal bag, It is an ok target

I also shoot an Equinox and it didn't take very long before my arrows were going in past the fletchings.

I think it will work for the lighter poundage bows ok.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I have one of those targets and I'm pretty pleased with it. I shoot a Vortex and this target stops the arrows fine and they are very easy to pull out. Every now and then I lay it down and stomp on it a bit to move the stuffing around so it keeps it's stopping power. So far so good. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

I bought the bag target yesterday and it is not working out. I am shooting 360 grain arrows with my Equinox and getting mid 340's fps. Shot three arrows, one at twenty yards, one at thirty and the last at forty. The twenty yard shot was almost a pass through, destroyed the fletching getting it out. The thirty and forty yard shots ended with a little over inch or so of the fletching embedded into the target. Pulling those out ended with little tears in the fletching. Not good. Thinking of buying a Delta Arrowstop foam target to put in front of the Excalibur bag target. The Arrowstop targets are two inches thick and rated at 240 fps. Hoping this will slow down my arrows enough for the Excalibur bag target to do its thing.... Not sure how I am going to attach it to the front of the bag target yet.
Equinox (2011)
HHA Optimizer
OFAH Member
the canuck

Post by the canuck »

I use a bag target from Bulldog Archery called the Doghouse XP and it does a great job stopping my 380 Matrix and I believe that there is free shipping as well. When the target is shot up you can get replacement kits for it. There are two websites one for Canadians and one for USA.