Older Exocet - HELP!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Older Exocet - HELP!

Post by IronNoggin »

HiYa Folks,

One of my Buddies stumbled across this bow, and asked me a whole bunch of questions I simply cannot answer. So, I am posting this in the Hope that some from here may be familiar with the model and be able to provide a little information...

The bow is an "older Exocet".
Comes with a Barnet scope ,aluminum arrows ,and extra string:

The Questions:

- What is the draw poundage for this bow?

- What type of speeds might it achieve both with the stock aluminum and custom carbon arrows?

- Working Range of this set-up for deer?

- Realistic Hunting Bow?

- Accurate as most Excaliburs are?

- Any other Pro's or Con's??

- Any idea of what a fair price may be?

Any and all help would certainly be Appreciated!
I tried to find some information online, but apparently this one is old enough that I simply drew a blank...

Thanks In Advance Folks! Kind of think if anyone can answer what he needs to know, they are likely here!

Cheers!
Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
RexKay

Re: Older Exocet - HELP!

Post by RexKay »

165 lbs. use Dacron string. Super sweet bow there Nog! Perfect hunting bow. As accurate as any..it's an Excalibur!. Carve tips use Dacron string. That will kill anything walking!!! I'd say easy worth 350.00. Them carved and cast beauty's are a pleasure to shoot for sure. Black rail like mine. Cool!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

That bow has a wood stock. Did the older carved tip Exocets?
tman74

Post by tman74 »

Looks like a Wolverine with Exocet limbs. Is that bow on CGN by chance?
The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly!
===========
Matrix 355
Exocet 165
===========
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

Iron Noggin', that is a vintage pre-2001 Exocet. As stated previously, it is a 165 pounder that uses Dacron strings. Shoots Easton XX-75 Aluminum arrows (bolts) at a blistering 270 feet per second. As stated previously "will kill anything". How do I know, you ask? Well let me tell ya' something! I own a 1997 carved-tip limb Exocet and have shot Wild Boar, White tailed Deer, and hopefully soon...Black Bear.

You or your friend, should entertain offers from $350 Canadian funds as long as the bow is in good condition.

As a favour to you, I will send you a reproduction of the Excalibur catalogue from that time. Only three bows made then. Vixen in Deer Hide Brown, Exocet, and Exomag. The Exocet was the most popular back then.

If you need a new string for that bow, Vixenmaster is a good guy to turn to. He just shipped me a very nice red and white Dacron string in the Flemish style. Very well made. You will not be disappointed!

PM a message if interested in the catalogue or with any further questions. I am all ears for ya'.

Regards, H.P.D.
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

flightattendant100 wrote:That bow has a wood stock. Did the older carved tip Exocets?
Sorry mate, but that is a composite stock and is factory original. No longer produced as of 2000-2001.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

tman74 wrote:Looks like a Wolverine with Exocet limbs. Is that bow on CGN by chance?
I was thinking the same thing then I saw your post
Fordtech

Post by Fordtech »

I have a 1996 Exocet that I bought brand new and it does not have that stock. I have 3 friends that have Wolverines with that stock.
I'm with tinman74 on this one.
flightattendant100

A lot of the Excal folks with much more experience than me are at Boofest this weekend. I will be anxious to see a reply from some more folks. I'm citious about this now.
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

It's a Woverine stock with Exocet limbs. I just pulled my 1994 Exocet out of it's case to check and it's synthetic stock looks nothing like the one you have. That is obviously a wood stock. Cheers
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Wildcat wrote:It's a Woverine stock with Exocet limbs. I just pulled my 1994 Exocet out of it's case to check and it's synthetic stock looks nothing like the one you have. That is obviously a wood stock. Cheers
Yes indeed. This bow is a hydrid aftermarket mix and match, i.e. Wolverine with an early 90's riser and Exocet limbs. Since the Wolverine had a 150 lbs draw weight, chances are this bow has 150 lbs draw weight.
However, back then Excalibur also made "light limbs" which lowered the poundage on the Vixen, Exocet and Exomag to 115, 125, and 140 lbs respectively.

Therefore if the limbs used on this bow are "light limbs", then the poundage could be only 100 lbs.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Nice looking older bow for sure. Wished I'd kept mine. :D
flightattendant100

ComfyBear wrote:
Wildcat wrote:It's a Woverine stock with Exocet limbs. I just pulled my 1994 Exocet out of it's case to check and it's synthetic stock looks nothing like the one you have. That is obviously a wood stock. Cheers
Yes indeed. This bow is a hydrid aftermarket mix and match, i.e. Wolverine with an early 90's riser and Exocet limbs. Since the Wolverine had a 150 lbs draw weight, chances are this bow has 150 lbs draw weight.
However, back then Excalibur also made "light limbs" which lowered the poundage on the Vixen, Exocet and Exomag to 115, 125, and 140 lbs respectively.

Therefore if the limbs used on this bow are "light limbs", then the poundage could be only 100 lbs.
Comfy bear is an Excal guru guys. Thanks,Lou.(and I still will bet its a wood stock)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I can tell you this model has a side safety like the 92 model E'cets. It maybe very well be a combination of couple of models built along the era. As ComfyBear said could have the light limbs. If'en its chrony shot you will knowed what the fps is fer a good guess as to its poundage
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Thanks for all the great replies Folks! Appreciated!
Knew I could count on the members here to enlighten!!

Looks like my Buddy has some considerin' to do now...

Cheers & Thanks!
Nog - Headed Back To The Briney...
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."