Matrix issues

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cecil30-30

Matrix issues

Post by cecil30-30 »

Well got out to sight my new Matrix in for the first time yesterday and I must say, im having a bit of buyers remorse so far.First off, the trigger is Crap! The Tact zone scope they sent me is extreamly blurry on the sides.If your not perfectly square with the scope,everything turns blurry. And the best 20 yd group I can get is 2 inches with the diablo arrows.My $400 5 year old pheonix puts the Matrix to shame. It's so accurate I will not shoot groups at 20yds,it'll bust arrows pretty often.The way this Matrix shoots,im not afraid one bit to shoot groups at 20yds.At 60 yds my groups open up to about 4-5 inches.For $1000 crossbow,I expect better accuracy than this.I was recommended the Black Eagle executioner arrows and ditch the diablo's.So I have done just that,placed a order for half a dozen executioners today.I hope this will clear the accuracy issues up a bit.
steve rodo

Re: Matrix issues

Post by steve rodo »

I changed my factory scope out to a hawke scope ,Having the halo issues with it ,There is nothing wrong ,just hard to get use to.

Try 10 yards and see what happens .Is your scope canted in any way ?is your eye relief good .if your seeing the halo ,your to close to the scope.

They say the trigger will wear in after some use ,I put a 1.5 trigger in mine also.

,the new BE 's will be much better for accuracy.tighten up your group some .
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
cecil30-30

Post by cecil30-30 »

Just came in and shot it a couple times at 30yds. I shot 2 arrows with the 125gr tips,and 2 arrows with the 150gr tips,and both sets of arrows was about 2 inches apart.I know that acceptable accuracy to kill a deer,but for $1000 I expect to hit the white dot on the target every time at 30yds.LOL Im gonna wait for my executioners to get here before I shoot anymore.I really can't afford to change scopes right now.I was only able to order a half dozen of the executioners was because I sold my diablo's.Can't really afford a higher quality scope right now. I got until the 4th saturday in sept to get it right,so I still got a little time.
Bobby B

Post by Bobby B »

Which Hawkeye scope you using? I'm thinking of getting another one because I'm not real keen on the scope that came on my Matrix. With that said, I've already ruined 3 arrows with Robin Hood's and finally quit shooting for groups.

And I know, I know, don't shoot groups, but heck it was fun. :lol:
Mathews z7eXtreme Tactical
Matrix 380 (New to This)
Sako A-7 308

Sling Shot if I have to do it....
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Bobby B wrote:Which Hawkeye scope you using? I'm thinking of getting another one because I'm not real keen on the scope that came on my Matrix. With that said, I've already ruined 3 arrows with Robin Hood's and finally quit shooting for groups.

And I know, I know, don't shoot groups, but heck it was fun. :lol:
It's the one that came with the optimizer 1.5 X32 fixed.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
ranger

Post by ranger »

The only thing I did with my 380 Blackout was to replace the trigger with a triggertec trigger, mine shoots nice with the diablo arrows, I might up date the scope nxt yr.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
strum

Post by strum »

cecil30-30 wrote:Just came in and shot it a couple times at 30yds. I shot 2 arrows with the 125gr tips,and 2 arrows with the 150gr tips,and both sets of arrows was about 2 inches apart.I know that acceptable accuracy to kill a deer,but for $1000 I expect to hit the white dot on the target every time at 30yds.LOL Im gonna wait for my executioners to get here before I shoot anymore.I really can't afford to change scopes right now.I was only able to order a half dozen of the executioners was because I sold my diablo's.Can't really afford a higher quality scope right now. I got until the 4th saturday in sept to get it right,so I still got a little time.
check ALL the fasteners. I don't think its the arrows. something else is going on here. next step would be to call Dan miller or Excal and get that scope changed. your right when you say it should be shootin better..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
tman74

Post by tman74 »

The thing I found took a little getting used to is the creep in the trigger. It's not that it's bad just a little more than I like and am used to. As for accuracy, it's accurate as heck out to 60 yds with diablos and the 150 gr heads and the BE with brass inserts and 100 gr head. Your groups should be better than what you're getting.

The scope is the only weak point on the 380 package IMO.
The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly!
===========
Matrix 355
Exocet 165
===========
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Make sure you loc-tite the scope base and rings.
This bow has alot of energy at let-off.I really don't like the diablo arrows for my 355.I did get good results using a old Rocky Mt 3 blade head with them.In the pic i was shooting BE,easton and carbon express bolts.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

try a hawke xb30 good glass for a xbow scope get rid of the base get a set of scope rings
frank25

Post by frank25 »

Mine shoots bulls eyes from 20 to 50 with stock arrows and field pointpoint
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

I love mine no problems here :D :D :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

xcaliber wrote:Hey Junkie! You getting ready? You should have that Matrix dialed in pretty good by now.
I will shoot a baby natt off a baby natts ass :shock: :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

At Boofest I got to handle a Matrix and I don't understand how people can not line up the scope that comes on them. I shouldered the bow ten times and every single time it was there. I accually like the scope. Same as a compound vertical bow line it up the same everytime and eye relief won't change. I have only good things to say about the scope and the bow.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I agree with Wheelie. I had a chance to play around with a couple of Matrix's at BooFest and took a good look at the TacZones. The "blurriness" is just like setting up for eye relief - I found that if I mounted the stock consistently there were no issues at all. If I moved my head around there was a blur in the scope, but just like with eye-relief if it was in in the right place then it was right on. Personally I'd rather see the blur, then black. I didn't find it to be hard to use at all.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.