Next years Boofest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Next years Boofest

Post by Boo »

will hopefully be just as good or better. Rob and I have been talking and we want to make Boofest into a yearly charity event.
The plan is to have a 4 person board (myself and 3 others at Excalibur) and choose a worthy cause. Then get some media coverage. We will hit on of our contacts to get some donations for prizes. Rob had an offer from an AR manufacturer but he didn't think a couple of police agencies would think it was a good idea to give away an assault rifle! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think Rob's idea is a great one and we'll see how things pan out this late winter.

This years Boofest (thanks Moni for naming it) was a blast. Although it was a whole lot of work I enjoyed every minute of it! Life is just plain busy and distances often great for visits. Boofest has enabled many of us to see each other. I think it was great to see the familiar and new smiles all weekend!

I really can't thank Karin enough for indulging my crazy ideas of Boofest. Karin, a man could not ask for a better wife!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
munch

Re: Next years Boofest

Post by munch »

Don wanted to thank you and karen for another great day.can the wall mount for your drive shed be cut Boo Fest Annual .also I love the -AR idea . It was interesting to see just how many interests a lot share besides crossbow hunting but that's what brings us all together
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D :D was great fun!!! we look forward to it each year. alot of great stories with great people.we are very proud to be part of it all, thank you so much!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Don it was another great weekend. I do not know how you can make the BooFest better but you seem to find a way to improve it over the year before. Last year the only complaint was the heat and somehow you convinced MOTHER NATURE to correct that for this year. See how powerful the might Boo can be) :lol: :lol: :lol: but we all know that beside a powerful man is a more powerful woman :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Again Don & Karin, thanks for the great time and all the work both of you put into this wonderful time.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

It always amazes me how after all the work that goes into each BooFest that you plan on having yet another one! :lol:

I guess it's like a mother who goes through labour, gives birth and says that's the last one... but then it doesn't take very long before they decide they'd be willing to go through it again. :lol:

Don & Karin - I'm deeply grateful for all the behind the scenes work that goes into this event!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Boo

Post by Boo »

VixChix wrote:It always amazes me how after all the work that goes into each BooFest that you plan on having yet another one! :lol:

I guess it's like a mother who goes through labour, gives birth and says that's the last one... but then it doesn't take very long before they decide they'd be willing to go through it again. :lol:

Don & Karin - I'm deeply grateful for all the behind the scenes work that goes into this event!
Moni, this allows us all to see each other for a couple of days a year. Without Boofest we are faceless names. The hugs, laughs and smiles are all worth it!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Karin and Don (notice I put her name first ).We are deeply thankful that you both open your property to this event . And it has become an event and not just a gathering like it first started out as at the cottage .
Thank you :D
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Kathy and i would also like to thank the two of you for a great weekend!Was a blast! and meeting everybody was great! Would also like to thank everyone for the prizes that were part of the draws and raffles and the people that set up the tables and sold the tickets
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

munch wrote:Don wanted to thank you and karen for another great day.can the wall mount for your drive shed be cut Boo Fest Annual .also I love the -AR idea . It was interesting to see just how many interests a lot share besides crossbow hunting but that's what brings us all together
Terry, if you bring your wife next year for the weekend give me plenty of warning and I'll get my daughter and son in-law to come along.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Don, you never cease to amaze!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Normous

Post by Normous »

2013 was our third Boofest and the drive home always leaves that warm and fuzzy feeling with us every time. It is special for us to spend time rubbing elbows with others who share Excalffliction as part of our lives. Karin and Don both go the extra mile and open their property to shoot, camp, socialize and develop friendships...
Thank-you both and looking forward to 2014.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Hope to make it next year
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Very enjoyable weekend. Thanks to Don and Karin for all the hard work and Greg for arranging all the shooting events. All them behind the scenes people thank you for your work so we could play. Talked lots to Bill T and to Kevin. Excalibur Staff never made much of a showing. That was a little disappointing even though the money was going to there charity of choice. Makes me think of where the company is heading without Bill T.

PS. Log looks good on my front lawn. Just have to get some manly people to carry it to back yard. Likely be a while as I have no friends. :roll: :lol:
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Boo wrote:
I really can't thank Karin enough for indulging my crazy ideas of Boofest. Karin, a man could not ask for a better wife!
Your a lucky man Don :D
Wheelie wrote: Excalibur Staff never made much of a showing. That was a little disappointing even though the money was going to there charity of choice. Makes me think of where the company is heading without Bill T.
Thats too bad, last year they were nice enough to bring me my scope I was replacing on warranty.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Boo

Post by Boo »

Kevin, don't be hard on Peter and Rob. At least they made a showing. It's a start. Rob is talking about shooting the course next year. Rob has helped me in any way I asked this year and his participation for the charity will become pivotal next year. Be nice!
Now we have to work on Jason :mrgreen: