O/T Internet been down

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

O/T Internet been down

Post by vixenmaster »

Well i am back lost the internet service fer some time. We took a direct lightnin hit 5 days ago. It took out our modem/router & adapter, plus our 2 big inverters fer power. Fried time them all real good, i don't knowed about our solar panels yet as were still havin thunderstorms n no sun. Have had over 10" of rain 6" nite afore last. Good thing i live on a big rock hogback ridge! :) Its been a real tuff week fer us here. I was ready to throw in the towel sell out, tired of Murphy & all the loss tryin to keep power here fer so few comforts :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
DaveShooter

Re: O/T Internet been down

Post by DaveShooter »

vixenmaster wrote:Well i am back lost the internet service fer some time. We took a direct lightnin hit 5 days ago. It took out our modem/router & adapter, plus our 2 big inverters fer power. Fried time them all real good, i don't knowed about our solar panels yet as were still havin thunderstorms n no sun. Have had over 10" of rain 6" nite afore last. Good thing i live on a big rock hogback ridge! :) Its been a real tuff week fer us here. I was ready to throw in the towel sell out, tired of Murphy & all the loss tryin to keep power here fer so few comforts :(
Hang in there old friend I kow it is a bear not for things to be working right. Always something it seems right!
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Send murph back up north where he belongs hang in there it always gets better put you in my thoughts and prayers my friend by the way your strings are awesome Ilove the ones you sent me got them both shot in ticktoters dont stand a chance :evil:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

vixenmaster wrote:Well i am back lost the internet service fer some time. We took a direct lightnin hit 5 days ago. It took out our modem/router & adapter, plus our 2 big inverters fer power. Fried time them all real good, i don't knowed about our solar panels yet as were still havin thunderstorms n no sun. Have had over 10" of rain 6" nite afore last. Good thing i live on a big rock hogback ridge! :) Its been a real tuff week fer us here. I was ready to throw in the towel sell out, tired of Murphy & all the loss tryin to keep power here fer so few comforts :(
I live in a developed area and am not fully protected from lightning.
Lightning came through my phone cable and took out my computer a few years back. Fried the telephone junction on my side of the service so all repairs are at my cost.
Lost two microwaves over the last 5 years as well.

My system is fully grounded at my electrical box.
Appliances have a spike protector at each outlet.
My computer plugs into a surge protected power bar.
The stuff still finds a way to get through.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

JPjunkie wrote:Send murph back up north where he belongs hang in there it always gets better put you in my thoughts and prayers my friend by the way your strings are awesome Ilove the ones you sent me got them both shot in ticktoters dont stand a chance :evil:
As far as M____y goes we don't want him in Kanuckistan either. :shock:
You can keep him in Indiana. :mrgreen:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Ont_Excal wrote:
JPjunkie wrote:Send murph back up north where he belongs hang in there it always gets better put you in my thoughts and prayers my friend by the way your strings are awesome Ilove the ones you sent me got them both shot in ticktoters dont stand a chance :evil:
As far as M____y goes we don't want him in Kanuckistan either. :shock:
You can keep him in Indiana. :mrgreen:
Murphy cant live that far north its to cold I meant Illinois :lol: :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
mrxbower

Post by mrxbower »

Hi VIXENMASTER, hope everything is ok with you and your family, sorry to hear this. Hang in there my friend things seem to work out in the end and everything will be ok,it just takes some time. If there is something you need let me know i will try to help you out. Our prayers are with you.
What does PETA stand for?" "People Eating Tasty Animals
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

vixenmaster,

Shared the ordeal you going through with my wife and we're both remembering you and yours in thought and prayer.

All the best as you work through this trying time,
John
automated11

Post by automated11 »

Sorry to hear about your luck Mike, Im sure things will get better soon. Praying for you.

Jason
Super Vixen - AKA Matrix 355 with Vixen II Stock
Buggy Bumpers
Gold Tip Laser 4 Arrows with Swhacker 125 Heads
Miller Quiver Mount
Leupold Shotgun Scope (Miller)
Flemish String

Micro 355 Tact-zone Package, soon to be modded.
DarrellStanley

Post by DarrellStanley »

Ont_Excal wrote:
I live in a developed area and am not fully protected from lightning.
Lightning came through my phone cable and took out my computer a few years back. Fried the telephone junction on my side of the service so all repairs are at my cost.
Lost two microwaves over the last 5 years as well.

My system is fully grounded at my electrical box.
Appliances have a spike protector at each outlet.
My computer plugs into a surge protected power bar.
The stuff still finds a way to get through.
Perfect preparation for tough weather conditions.. There is plenty to learn from you and I will make certain modifications now.
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Hang on VM. Spring is on the way !
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

JPjunkie wrote: Murphy cant live that far north its to cold I meant Illinois :lol: :lol:
It was -30C here this week, and I can guarantee you Murphy has no issues with being here in the cold LOL
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Mikey, you were lucky. I had an ice storm here, when the power came back on, I was w/o: 2 Tv's, both direct tv boxes, stereo system, VCR, coffee pot, A/C unit, batt tender on bike in shop and a phone charging unit I can't replace, lol.

I don't know what the ins co will do, but do know it wasn't due to a 'power surge' as I talked to a utilities co. employee.............
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

awshucks wrote:Mikey, you were lucky. I had an ice storm here, when the power came back on, I was w/o: 2 Tv's, both direct tv boxes, stereo system, VCR, coffee pot, A/C unit, batt tender on bike in shop and a phone charging unit I can't replace, lol.

I don't know what the ins co will do, but do know it wasn't due to a 'power surge' as I talked to a utilities co. employee.............
Wid no commercial power I can't run all that stuff you have. I'm lucky to run couple of computers lights router fans phones cpap machine & a small fridge when i have 8 6v batterys in bank. I am down to 6 batterys 6 have given up the ghost this past yr. I will try to replace some this yr.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315