HHA Optimizer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pa vince

HHA Optimizer

Post by pa vince »

Question..Will a HHA optizimizer OL-SD fit on a Phoenix with a Lumizone? I was wondering if I will have to order the extension for this model.
steve rodo

Re: HHA Optimizer

Post by steve rodo »

I had to get the extension for mine ,Not sure if you need or not ,I don'd want to miss guide you .

You can also call optizimer ,they will tell you for sure .
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

I had to get the extension for mine ,Not sure if you need or not ,I don'd want to miss guide you .

You can also call optizimer ,they will tell you for sure .
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I'm not an HHA fan. However, for those that want to add one, you will need an 'old' style mount vs a 'new' style. On the 'old' one, the dovetail runs the whole length of the mount. The 'new' ones are relieved of the last bit of the dovetail to fit scopes w/ larger housings.

Just sayin.......
"Eze 18:21"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

awshucks wrote:I'm not an HHA fan. However......
Not a fan? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

VixChix wrote:
awshucks wrote:I'm not an HHA fan. However......
Not a fan? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey it's invicible and accurate too.So accurate it will drive 16 penny nails in at 30 yards with the right arra's.

You have it wackwerds though ,suppose to hold da x bow. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you really don't like them .And why ,just curious..Ill give you $50.00 for it if you throw it . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best thing since sliced butter

awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Best thing since sliced butter
Not really. Dan Miller and I spent way to long trying to sight Vix's in w/ two scopes. She did well in a 3D w/o it.
It had worked well for her in the past.

Imho, it adds another variable to the equation, one I'd prefer to do w/o. It raises your scope even higher.......
just not my preference.

My Leupold has range marks to 60 yds, I've shot it at 80 yds w/ good hits on a target.

YMMV........ :mrgreen:

Edited to add: Danny Miller has/had a used but like new HHA for $100 to your door, give him a call.......
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I know you don't want to read this Dan, but it's going back on my Vixen for the next 3D - along with a shim in the front ring. :mrgreen:

I will admit that I don't really like how it raises the scope though.... but you know how bad women are for judging distances - I need all the help I can get! :lol:

Now I just need to put together those Zombie Slayers and I'll be all set. :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Ive got some ssap's coming for the 380 getting painted red white blue for target only .I also gonna get me another optizimer on her to .Should do good ,more to the point with the ssap's arra's . .If the assap's dont work ill go with zombies.

I will say the same thing about the scope set up ,with optizimer ,it sets up a little bit on the high side ,Wish i could put it closer to the rail.I can put it closer but id have to lose the optimizer .
Can't win for losing . :D :D

pa vince

Post by pa vince »

I bought the optimizer and it is on it's way! I guess I will wait till it gets here to see if I need the extender. I bought the bow used so it is an older model. The main reason I bought the optimizer is that after 50 some years of shooting crosshairs, I sometimes even after ranging the distance, shoot using the crosshair. And this does not work to good. :lol: I think I may be in the early stages of that "Old timers disease". :( But as long as I don't forget to go a hunten I think I'll be OK for a while. All I want is to shoot the crosshair all the time and I think the optimizer will do the trick. thanks for the replys and good luck with the upcoming seasons.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I put a cheek rest on my Vixen to get me a bit close to the scope height with the HHA Opti mounted.

For hunting with my Vixen I set my Opti at 25 yrs. If something comes in closer I can dial it back to 20 (where it stops) without looking at it.
Last edited by VixChix on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I know you don't want to read this Dan, but it's going back on my Vixen for the next 3D - along with a shim in the front ring.
Good for you. Before you shim the scope, tear the tape off and get the thing in a neutral position..... I'm not certain there's enough room to shim, try placing the shims under the scope on top of bottom of ring......

Your scope had an obvious tilt downward at the front for some reason...Fix that 1st and all should be well.

As for your 'woman' remark, you can always tell a woman, just not too much. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

awshucks wrote: As for your 'woman' remark, you can always tell a woman, just not too much. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Careful now... or there might be more pink in your future BooFests! :D :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

awshucks wrote: Your scope had an obvious tilt downward at the front for some reason...Fix that 1st and all should be well.
The Redfield? Or the Vari? Both? You think might be the rings?
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

I left tape on mine and shimmed the front with 5 pieces of coke can ,worked out perfect ,No up setting scope in any way .Everything is perfect .