Getting Ready

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GooGoos

Getting Ready

Post by GooGoos »

Okay, so I know I haven't been on here in a while. I have a legit excuse I promise -lol- I have been busy with work and my summer classes. I took college algebra/trig and introduction to computers this summer. Passed both of my finals for those classes with an 80 or above! I am now done with core classes and have been accepted into the EMT training program at my school. They first told me I wasn't going to get accepted and get a slot, but 3 days later they called and told me I had a slot and a seat in the class if I wanted it. So I will be training to be an EMT starting on the 26th of this month.

Where I hunt at here in GA, you have to qualify with you bow to prove to them that you know how to shoot it/ use it. Well, I went to our pass & permit office and qualified just a couple of days ago. No problems of course (: I shot dead on in the bulls eye at 20yds and 30yds.

This hunting season, dad and I have a goal we have to reach. We have to get three people on their first deer! The first one is a LT here at Ft.Stewart. LT Mark killed his first hog with dad during last here deer season. The second is my best friend Carrie who has been trying to kill her first deer since 2011. The 3rd one is my boyfriend Branden who is an E4 here at Ft. Stewart who just got home from Afghanistan Memorial day weekend. He has never been hunting before. He just completed his hunter saftety course. I don't know if yall put blood on peoples face where you are.Here in the south when someone kills their first deer we bloody em up. Well, we haven't told Branden yet, but he has been trying to figure it. He thinks that he gunna have to drink the blood from the heart. Pretty gross, but funny.

Well, I just wanted to check in with yall! I am sorry I haven't been on. Been so busy with school and work. I will try to be on more often before deer season starts! Hope everyone is having a great day (:
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
Cherokeeson

Re: Getting Ready

Post by Cherokeeson »

GooGoos wrote:Okay, so I know I haven't been on here in a while. I have a legit excuse I promise -lol- I have been busy with work and my summer classes. I took college algebra/trig and introduction to computers this summer. Passed both of my finals for those classes with an 80 or above! I am now done with core classes and have been accepted into the EMT training program at my school. They first told me I wasn't going to get accepted and get a slot, but 3 days later they called and told me I had a slot and a seat in the class if I wanted it. So I will be training to be an EMT starting on the 26th of this month.

Where I hunt at here in GA, you have to qualify with you bow to prove to them that you know how to shoot it/ use it. Well, I went to our pass & permit office and qualified just a couple of days ago. No problems of course (: I shot dead on in the bulls eye at 20yds and 30yds.

This hunting season, dad and I have a goal we have to reach. We have to get three people on their first deer! The first one is a LT here at Ft.Stewart. LT Mark killed his first hog with dad during last here deer season. The second is my best friend Carrie who has been trying to kill her first deer since 2011. The 3rd one is my boyfriend Branden who is an E4 here at Ft. Stewart who just got home from Afghanistan Memorial day weekend. He has never been hunting before. He just completed his hunter saftety course. I don't know if yall put blood on peoples face where you are.Here in the south when someone kills their first deer we bloody em up. Well, we haven't told Branden yet, but he has been trying to figure it. He thinks that he gunna have to drink the blood from the heart. Pretty gross, but funny.

Well, I just wanted to check in with yall! I am sorry I haven't been on. Been so busy with school and work. I will try to be on more often before deer season starts! Hope everyone is having a great day (:
Get that EMT Cert and then go fer yer Paramedic. Paramedic Cert has it's benefits. Don't know about Georgia but down here Paramedics don't do CPR, Thats what they make Fire-Fighters and Emt's for... :lol:
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
ranger

Post by ranger »

Congrats, but you lost me at algebra/trig :lol: .

We just make the new guy gut the animals here.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Cherokeeson wrote:
GooGoos wrote:Okay, so I know I haven't been on here in a while. I have a legit excuse I promise -lol- I have been busy with work and my summer classes. I took college algebra/trig and introduction to computers this summer. Passed both of my finals for those classes with an 80 or above! I am now done with core classes and have been accepted into the EMT training program at my school. They first told me I wasn't going to get accepted and get a slot, but 3 days later they called and told me I had a slot and a seat in the class if I wanted it. So I will be training to be an EMT starting on the 26th of this month.

Get that EMT Cert and then go fer yer Paramedic. Paramedic Cert has it's benefits. Don't know about Georgia but down here Paramedics don't do CPR, Thats what they make Fire-Fighters and Emt's for... :lol:
Whats wrong with kissin passed out strangers College kids do it all the time for fun :lol: :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

"JPjunkie"
Whats wrong with kissin passed out strangers College kids do it all the time for fun :lol: :lol:

My partner & I on a extra shift in Florida during the Summer, ran a call on a "Unresponsive" Female with the caller reporting the patient had really hot skin. She was Sun Bathing on a Hill at The Lake by The College and fell alseep. When we got there a "Rookie" Fire Fighter had already cut her out of her String Bikini as he put it "Per Protocol" for Heat-stroke Treatment cause it does say remove all tight clothing. :shock:
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good to hear from you again and good to hear things are well. I hope you and your pa are able to put all those folks onto their first deer this year. Good luck! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Congrats to ya on your 80 %- Up here in Ohio we don't have to Qualify to Bow or Gun hunt-Dosen't sound like a bad idea though with some of the nuts I have ran into in the woods. Love the 1-st deer kill thing- :D -all the best to ya this season :D :D :D