2nd Crossbow Magazine Podcast - Triggertech Interview

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JT of PA

2nd Crossbow Magazine Podcast - Triggertech Interview

Post by JT of PA »

http://crossbowmagazinepodcast.com/

I just listened to the 2nd Podcast (8-8-2013) from Crossbow Magazine using the above copy/paste link. Noted below is how I heard the podcast.

00.00 - 14:45 ... Co-hosts Mike Avery and Todd Bromley give an overview of the 2nd podcast and a back-n-forth of their personal experiences

*Sponsors

17.14 - 36.53 ... Interview with Rick Bednar of TenPoint Crossbow Technologies

*Sponsors

39.27 - 51.55 ... Interview with Frank Gairdner of Triggertech

*Sponsors

54:29 - 58.49 ... Co-hosts Mike Avery and Todd Bromley wrap-up the 2nd podcast, give an update from the 1st podcast and a heads-up of future podcasts

*Sponsors listed in alphabetical order:
-- CAMX Crossbows: Chaos 325
-- Darton Crossbows: Viper SS xtreme, FireForce
-- TenPoint Crossbows: Stealth SS, Vapor
-- Triggertech

Thank You Todd Bromley of Crossbow Magazine for making this Podcast possible and available to everyone for free.

I look forward to future podcasts and appreciate your archiving the Podcasts and keeping them active. It's nice to be able to go back and re-listen as one's schedule allows.

Last edited by JT of PA on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
JT of PA

Re: 2nd Crossbow Magazine Podcast - Triggertech Interview

Post by JT of PA »

I really like this part of the Podcast, 22.53 - 24.47.

The lead interviewer, Mike, brings up "Speed vs Durability". The answers and insights Rick and Todd give were very interesting to me.

It seems the higher up the speed goes the more opportunity for a crossbow to reside in the repair shop.

Last year when I purchased my first crossbow and knew nothing about crossbows I remember thinking the Excalibur design just looked sturdier and made sense. I asked the guys how much to replace an Excalibur string and get it "tuned", they had a good chuckle with the tuning part. Then I asked how much for a new string and tune job for one of the models with cams ... Whoa Nelley ... their answer surprised me.

We all have a list of what's most important in a crossbow. For me, Excalibur best meets that list; for others, it's another design from another manufacturer. I'm glad I had a choice last year and I'm glad my crossbow will probably never have to be in the repair shop. :)

Also, I thought their 330 fps comments were interesting and insightful.
Last edited by JT of PA on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

i cannot play it right now but you have me interested, what did they say concerning 330fps ??
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

21:38 ... Rick ... Right in the sweet spot of speed 330 (describing a new crossbow model)

24:38 ... Todd ... I think the speed thing is a non-issue, 330, I'm very happy shooting 330 fps, I could shoot that the rest of my life and be happy

(The above may not be typed exactly as they said it, but it's the best I could do ... if and when you can, listen for yourself and let me know your take on their comments).

Bullzeye ... http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/catalo ... exocet_200

The above copy/paste link shows your Exocet 200 is all ready in the 330 fps club, your good to go. :D
TBrom

Post by TBrom »

Thanks for the kudos, JT. I thought the interview with Frank Gairdner of TriggerTech was equally enlightening. I'm curios as to how many Excalibur shooters have put them in their bows? It's my understanding that Danny Miller and Boo were instrumental in the design of trigger for Excaliburs. They sure nailed it. It's the best trigger I've shot to date.
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

TBrom,

A TriggerTech 2.5 lb. for my Ibex is what I'm putting my Christmas money towards.

It might turn into a birthday, Christmas fund gift but I'm positive it will be worth it.

I've yet to read a negative review. It would be great if it came as an option on future Matrix models.

All the best,
John