NAP Quick fletch!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

NAP Quick fletch!

Post by Riflemanz »

I bought a pkg of Nap quick fletch to try out.
I put it on a diablo 18", and a 20" carbon express that the fletching was ruined.All you do is clean off the old fletching and glue,dip the arrow in boiling water for 10 seconds and it's fixed! I shot both arrows out of my 355 today @ 20,30yds and both were bullseyes.I rate this product an AAA+++ for ease of use and accuracy!Image
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Chris Dillard

Re: NAP Quick fletch!

Post by Chris Dillard »

Looks good real good :arrow:
Last edited by Chris Dillard on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Riflemanz wrote:I bought a pkg of Nap quick fletch to try out.
I put it on a diablo 18", and a 20" carbon express that the fletching was ruined.All you do is clean off the old fletching and glue,dip the arrow in boiling water for 10 seconds and it's fixed! I shot both arrows out of my 355 today @ 20,30yds and both were bullseyes.I rate this product an AAA+++ for ease of use and accuracy!Image
Did you or do you need a dab of fletch tite on the ends of each vane? Or are the vanes made into the wrap material of the fletching itself? I guess i'm old school as never used this product before. I also got 16 2117's shafts to fletch up. I use the old 5" right helical feathers in my jo jan fletching jig. But your Arrows look nice from what I can see. :D
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

They are a little bit pricey but they sure take all the work out of it. I just fletched 3 of my Firebolts tonight that came with my bow originally. I have the quickspin ones. The longest part in the process was waiting for the water to boil. Awesome product, we'll see how well they hold up.
Personally, I plan on putting them through quite a good testing. I don't know how well they'll hold up. The plastic seems like it may not hold up that well but we'll see. Overall I give them an 9/10 as of right now. Only reason they aren't a 10 is because the plastic where it meets wasn't even on a few of them.

Jesse
Axiom SMF
S5, Cheekrest, Munch Mount
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Spitfire MAXX and Slick Tricks
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I paid $14.99 for the pkg.
I do have an Arizona fletcher for my reg arrows but not for bolts!
I like the accuracy of these nap quick fletch!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

They work good until you shoot through something, mine torn some vanes off when I shot through a worn out 3 D deer. They're definitely easy to fletch just put them on and boil your water.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

yup,I used them before getting my Arizona jig, just dip them slowly as not to get air bubbles.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
strum

Post by strum »

I tried these out on some(3) fire bolts early last year..i found them to be very easy to apply and they shoot fine. I didn't hunt with those arrows but I shot them quiet a bit. I even shot one through my bag target thinking well that's the end of that one. had to pull it out the backside, which can be brutal on fletching. it came out in one piece and I m still shooting them today.
I think their great but I wish they would come in 6 packs and be priced a little better.

edit: after looking back I see yours did come in a 6 pack that's not a bad deal.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

I've used them the past year and so far no problems. I've shot enough with other folk who use the traditional style of vanes to know my Quickfletch's aren't a liability ... they hold their own ... maybe they don't "gild the lilly" when it comes to accuracy, but they are accurate enough for me. (FYI ... all my shooting is with field tips).

My way of handling the higher cost is to ask for them at Christmas and for my Birthday. Once I received a few packs, I had enough to last me for years and the givers know they gave me something I really wanted.

The newer designed 3" vane version made for crossbow is something I can't ignore too much longer ... might have to try them out sooner than later and see how they stack up against the 2" vane Twister, QuickSpin and Blazer versions I've tried. As soon as I'm released to shoot crossbow again I'll have to boil-up some 3" vane arrows and do a comparison test.

I called NAP and spoke to one of their tech folk about the best way to apply their product. I was told:
A)
Water at a rolling boil ...
B) Holding at an angle, take 5 seconds to immerse the Quickfletch into the water ...
C) Once fully immersed, hold for 10 seconds.

All the best.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I did some arrows for Colton's vert. bow last spring and they are pretty tough too. If that kid can't tear it up it is near bullet proof! :lol:
Last edited by flightattendant100 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

When I tried them I noticed a brown streak developing on one side of my rail from the plastic rubbing off.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Take some wd40 and clean the rail.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

That's what I did. but that showed the "wrap" was wearing away, and it made them not last very long for me.

I like fletching with a lot of helical anyway
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

I want to build some 18" bolts for my Matrix 380 and use Quick fletch do I use 2" regular quick spins or 3" Quick Fletch Crossbow. My bolts that came with my bow have 2" . And as told above 2" Quick Fletch seem to work . Anyone try the 3"yet.
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

Kool Thanks I see you run Gold Tips. I have been searching parts what are the specs you run(weight of parts) I am trying to build a 350 ish 18" bolt I would like to run a 125 Swacker and Lumenok with the 2" Quick spin Quick Fletch . Gold tip Brass Inserts leave me front heavy with the Pro II FOV is about 25 percent with a arrow weight of 402 gr Using glue on fletch and 20 gr flat knock. I gain 9 gr with the lumenok and 9 gr with the Quick Fletch that might move my fov back some and I could always run 100 gr swackers but that still leaves me at 395 but still FOV too far forward. Sorry to ramble but its raining here and I am bored And perhaps a bit OCD.
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String