New 380 Matrix Blackout

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FNARSCOT

New 380 Matrix Blackout

Post by FNARSCOT »

Just picked up a new 380 Blackout. Will be hunting deer /hogs/coyotes. I will be teaching my son (4th grader) to hunt with this from a Blind mostly. What do I need? I already put a harris bipod on. I like the Lumenok so they are on the list so is a arrow puller for practice.I would like a crank type cocker but $200 is a bit steep .I need a string changing rig open to ideas.What broad heads are best?I would like to do a trigger job after my son gets a little practice(he has shot weapons a lot so it won't take long) Would like a back up string so will be getting a custom and using the stock as backup open to options with reasons why to go with any certain type. I am new to crossbows but have hunted for 40 yrs and build my own Rifles and Pistols. I shoot a Alpine Compound but a back injury makes it tough and my son can shoot the crossbow.
Thanks Scot
P.s. Would be nice if Excalibur included a arrow puller and string change tool in the box with a $1100 Crossbow just sayin
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
FNARSCOT

Re: New 380 Matrix Blackout

Post by FNARSCOT »

Thanks .I hear you about the practice. I am building a new backstop in the yard to stop these bolts(my old one is shot out) With my compound I shot at least 1 time a day(before the injury) Problem will be getting my son to give me a turn!! Please pm me a price on 2 of your Flemish Strings. What is my best choice for a string changing rig?
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String

Post by newbie »

call Danny Miller 740-483-2312. he sells a good stringing aid. He also makes the strings for Excalibur. I also read he makes a flemish now thats a bit faster then the factory endlessloop. Plus hes chock full of knowledge of all things Excalibur and great guy to talk to.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

X2
"Eze 18:21"
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

newbie wrote:call Danny Miller 740-483-2312. he sells a good stringing aid. He also makes the strings for Excalibur. I also read he makes a flemish now thats a bit faster then the factory endlessloop. Plus hes chock full of knowledge of all things Excalibur and great guy to talk to.
X3. He's the guru. Would sure be worth a call
ranger

Post by ranger »

Congrats on the Blackout, you can get a C2 cranker cheeper then 200.00 and besides making one TenPoint makes a nice arrow puller for 20.00$. Danny and David(wyvercreations) are good folks to do business with and there are a few good arrow and string builders here also, just ask and you will get a lot of info.

Shoot the Diablo arrows for a bit and then see if you want to upgrade your arrows, I liked mine but ruined 3 of them so I ordered BEE,s(black eagle) and like them a lot and as far as BH goes as in arrows we all have our oun opinions on what works best for us.
I have made a change or two on my 380 Blackout and now its more awesome then it was out of box.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome to the forum! congrats on the bow and x4 on calling Danny
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

If you change string type [EL to Flemish] they will change your poi. Get two of whatever, break them in, in the case of flemish, tie the end loops in place w/ a bread twistie tie.

This should give you the same bheight as when you removed it, same poi.......
"Eze 18:21"
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

Thanks for the info every one. I know I need to stock up on bolts ,I will check out the Black Eagles. I want to hunt with lumenok will have to check POI against bolts without. I like plenty of spares .Nothing worse than having to stop shooting because your out of ammo. Anybody know what the best weight bolts are for the 380 for hunting I guess the stock bolts are a great starting point. I shoot nothing but Beeman ICS(400) with my compounds.Might check out what they have.I know the 380 comes with dampners but anybody try limbsavers also?
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Xcaliber makes nice strings Flemish type.i bought my string changer and executioner arrows from
www.wyverncreations.com
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Riflemanz wrote:Xcaliber makes nice strings Flemish type.i bought my string changer and executioner arrows from
www.wyverncreations.com

X2 on that
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

awshucks wrote:If you change string type [EL to Flemish] they will change your poi. Get two of whatever, break them in, in the case of flemish, tie the end loops in place w/ a bread twistie tie.

This should give you the same bheight as when you removed it, same poi.......
awshucks, can you post a photo of where you would tie a bread twist tie on the end loops? I am not sure of where you mean to tie them.
Thanks,
Raymond
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Congratulations on your NEW Matrix 380 Blackout!

I also suggest you call Dan Miller. His arrow pulling pliers and heavy duty stringing aid price was $44,00 shipped. I let Dan pick the rope color and he did good.

Very pleasant man.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
ranger

Post by ranger »

Dang I forgot Dan had that puller or I would of got it, o-well nxt time.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I took a picture of the clear thick vinyl tubing inside Dan Miller's arrow pulling pliers.

These start out as diagonal cutters with welded on custom jaws.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's