My Opinion on The Matrix 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ben S.

My Opinion on The Matrix 380

Post by Ben S. »

I read this forum daily and have been for too many yrs. to count. I firmly believe that Excalibur has the best crossbows on the market, hands down. I've owned three; the Exomag(still miss it), the Equinox and the Matrix 380. I'm not a real technical guy that likes fooling with things a lot if I'm not having any problems. It seems like people are tinkering with the Matrix more than any of the Excalibur line. I know some don't seem to like the scope and some don't like the trigger, or the bolts that come with the package or other various things. I have to say, I've only gone out shooting 3 times with my Matrix, but I can't believe how accurate and consistent this thing shoots. I've only gone out to fifty yds but I am hitting bullseyes more than I ever have and I mean all the way to 50 yds. Yesterday was my third time and I shot with the boltcutters for the first time (also the first time I shot into my new Rinehart 18-1 target and I am very impressed). I was still hitting bullseyes out to 50 yds without any adjustments. I still plan on trying the Slick Trick 150 grain. The only thing I wish was different is that I can't cock it by hand. Just wondering if you guys aren't really happy with the performance or do you just like tinkering? Personally, I think this is an awesome crossbow. Probably their best yet. Just my opinion.
Hester0305

Re: My Opinion on The Matrix 380

Post by Hester0305 »

Ben,

I didn't like the trigger on mine, it wasn't nowhwere as good as the one on my Vortex I had. I expected a better trigger on the Matrix, I have a great trigger now thanks to BOO he workd wonders on mine.

I actually like mine better since I had the rail cut down its a lot quieter and a lot easier to cock. I can shoot mine as much as I want and not get fatigued at all. I was going to change the scope out and put a Leupold single crosshair shotgun scope on mine but I've gotten used to the the Tactzone and like it pretty good, it will stay on mine until I decide to tinker some more.

The Matrix line is a very good crossbow looking forwad to see what they offer next
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Howdy Ben,

Nice to see another Essex county hunter on the Forum!

I have the Matrix 355 & I agree with you that the stock bow is just amazing. I ruined 2 arrows already showing off when shooting with some vertical bow friends. :)

I have changed things up a bit just to enhance the bow. I have changed out the Trigger-arrows- scope-string I added the cheek piece & string stops as well. Mostly becuase like you said I like to tinker a bit to see if I can make an already great bow even better.

I am all set for Oct 01st & counting the days.

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Hester0305 wrote: I actually like mine better since I had the rail cut down its a lot quieter and a lot easier to cock.
Hope they don't come out with smaller ones, One hundred dollars an inch. You would just lose money. :|
Boo

Post by Boo »

Ben, I think it's not much different from past models as far as modifications go. So far I think that the Matrix (the bow itself) is so good that not much needs to be done.
But the big thing I see is that the odd vocal person will bitch, whine, complain and tell everyone what should or should not be, even before buying the bow no less! :shock:
However, I agree with you about the bow. It is super accurate and works like a clock! Considering the number of bows put out I think the number of problems is actually pretty low.
I have no doubt at this point that a Matrix will be used for my hunting this year bumping my Vortex and my Y25 that I loved to hunt with and shoot!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

Xbowkiller wrote:
Hester0305 wrote: I actually like mine better since I had the rail cut down its a lot quieter and a lot easier to cock.
Hope they don't come out with smaller ones, One hundred dollars an inch. You would just lose money. :|
:roll:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

Boo wrote:
But the big thing I see is that the odd vocal person will bitch, whine, complain and tell everyone what should or should not be, even before buying the bow no less! :shock:

X2... thanks don, you took the words right outta my mouth :mrgreen:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Yep, going to bitch, complain might go out here a kill my best laying hen, then sit down and cry why because I ain't got one :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: YET

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:Yep, going to bitch, complain might go out here a kill my best laying hen, then sit down and cry why because I ain't got one :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: YET

Wes
wes, you know you can borrow mine anytime
but ya gotta use them speed demons you sent me..... :wink:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

gendoc wrote:
Limbs and Sticks wrote:Yep, going to bitch, complain might go out here a kill my best laying hen, then sit down and cry why because I ain't got one :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: YET

Wes
wes, you know you can borrow mine anytime
but ya gotta use them speed demons you sent me..... :wink:

Your a good man and thank you, but you use them on your next trophy.I'll get one just got to sell a lot of eggs :lol:

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Boo wrote:Ben, I think it's not much different from past models as far as modifications go. So far I think that the Matrix (the bow itself) is so good that not much needs to be done.
However, I agree with you about the bow. It is super accurate and works like a clock! Considering the number of bows put out I think the number of problems is actually pretty low.
I have no doubt at this point that a Matrix will be used for my hunting this year bumping my Vortex and my Y25 that I loved to hunt with and shoot!
I agree completely with every word No problems or complaints with my 380 I feel lucky that the first crossbow I ever owned was this Matrix :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Boo wrote:
[/quote]

You nailed it !
ranger

Post by ranger »

Howdy Ben, I got out with my 380 today late afternoon and shot the BEE's that I have(still have more coming from Big John)and with the Hunter 2.5 trigger Boo string and a couple adjustments on the scope I'm a very very happy person, the Matrix is just amazing even though I only shot 20-30-40 it was on target to the point where I will not shoot at the same spot or X on my bags. I really like my other bows but for some reason the Matrix 380 just did so well today that it will be my main hunting bow. I still want to get back a Vortex and also add a Phoenix to my bow collection but after today I will just wait for a while before I buy them. I still want to get a XB-30 to try and see how I like it.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Boo wrote: But the big thing I see is that the odd vocal person will bitch, whine, complain and tell everyone what should or should not be, even before buying the bow no less!
Convince Excalibur to sell the bow bare bones and much of the whining will stop as they'll buy the bow and realize how nice it is, thus leaving nothing to bitch about?
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

ch312 wrote:
Boo wrote: But the big thing I see is that the odd vocal person will bitch, whine, complain and tell everyone what should or should not be, even before buying the bow no less!
Convince Excalibur to sell the bow bare bones and much of the whining will stop as they'll buy the bow and realize how nice it is, thus leaving nothing to bitch about?
Then they would Whine about nothing coming with it or something else Let them whine Perfect example right here Cant please everybody I bet there are more that are impressed and happy than whiners
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things