matrix 380 on order

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fredd

matrix 380 on order

Post by fredd »

just ordered my matrix 380 can't wait. was wandering the pro's and cons, and what i should expect when it arrives in 2 weeks. i've owned several excals over the years but was waying in on some advice from matrix owners with what they have found out, accessories, upgrades, stuff not to have on the bow , etc. thanks fred
JPjunkie

Re: matrix 380 on order

Post by JPjunkie »

AWESOME BOW ! :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Power house bow
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

If you plan on hunting this year, go with the stock setup, it's more than adequate. There are so many different things to tinker with. Lets see, you could replace the string, many good string makers on the forum, I recommend Boo strings. The diablo arrows can be swapped out for black eagle arrows. I suggest Big John, I've never seen arrow to arrow accuracy that he has. Everything is weight matched and they fly true. I'm not a fan of the tact zone scope and I love the Hawke XB30. You could always look into dropping in a new trigger unit from trigger tech. But as I said, the stock setup is more than adequate for deer season and plenty accurate. You're going to love the 380, good luck.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Congrats on a fine purchase!I have the 355 and i find the scope OK and will test her out this weekend hunting.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

congrats on the bow you will love it!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on your 380 they are sweet bows and are very well balanced, I believe you'll love it I did tinker with mine and mad a few changes for me but I could have used it just the way it was minus the arrows. I already had some Black Eagles Executioners so I knew already how accurate they were.

Have fun shooting when you get it.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
fredd

Post by fredd »

thanks for all the info guys . i do have some 20'' brand new gold tip 400gr that have brass inserts, will they shoot just as good as the factory ones that come with the bow?
fredd

Post by fredd »

fredd wrote:thanks for all the info guys . i do have some 20'' brand new gold tip 400gr that have brass inserts, will they shoot just as good as the factory ones that come with the bow?
also what bolt set up are most of you guys using ( make and weight with broad head attached)
fredd

Post by fredd »

hey guys also was thinking what about scope? i've heard good and bad. if i were to swap out scope whats a good choice.
ranger

Post by ranger »

The scope gets a 40/60% around here some like it some hate it, mine works fine but might get a XB30 for it this winter.
My 18 inch Black Eagle's weigh in at 392gns with the 100gn points, I also put a trigertech hunter 2.5 trigger in mine along with a Boo string, it's ready for the field nxt week.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

HiYa Fred,

Methinks you are going to LOVE the Matrix!! I certainly do!
Blistering FAST, Incredible Accuracy, and all in a small, lightweight package! VERY Sweet!

I have gone with a few upgrades:

Custom Boo Strings with Cat Whiskers. 800 shots on the first one, and still going!! Incredible! :shock:

Trigger Tech Hunter Trigger. As good or even Better than some Custom Triggers in my High End Rifles! Worth every nickle IMHO!

Camo Form Wrapped the stirrup - helps deaden the noise and protect the stirrup.

Poly 3M tape the entire underside of the arrow retainer - helps deaden the "Twang".

Custom Big John Black Eagle Executioners with Luminoks. Dressed (with 125 grain head) weight is 392 grains. Fly Fast and Incredible Accuracy!!

Have ordered the new Hawke XB 30 Compact Scope with the SR Reticles. Awaiting it's arrival now...

One SWEET set-up! Can hardly wait to get out in the back country in search of it's First Blood! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Paparock

Post by Paparock »

Cograts on the new Xbow!

I'm thinking of joining the Matrix 380 club. What broadhead and bolt combo would be best for big black bears up to 500 lbs. or so?