Just bought the Ibex off a friend

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Snipers215

Just bought the Ibex off a friend

Post by Snipers215 »

Newbie to the crossbow world. Just bought the Ibex off a friend of mine. What are your thoughts on them. Anything I should look out for ? Good x-bow ? Any and all thoughts and comments( good or bad) are welcome.
pinshooter

Re: Just bought the Ibex off a friend

Post by pinshooter »

Darn good bow....only thing to look out for is deer :) Will shoot about any arrow you put in it and last forever. You made a wise investment.
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
Backstraps

Post by Backstraps »

Love my Ibex. Get yourself a good flemish string and some black eagle executioners. You won't be sorry.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

I have one..Great would not trade it for anything.. Just got a hog with this week.You will love it. I have a friend looking for a Ibex now after shooting mine.
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome to the forum!! Great bow!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Tennessee Rebel

Post by Tennessee Rebel »

I have a metal rail Ibex and I love it. Now I have a Matrix 380 too. I went from a Equinox to a Exomax to the Ibex. It's the best shooter of the 3. Shorter and easier to cock. I think it is Excalibers best bow until the Matrix. You made a good choice! Add a good flemish string and you'll be good to go.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D :lol: :lol: welcome, your going to love it, the only down side is, it's hard to have only one!!!! good luck and have fun shooting.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Snipers215

Post by Snipers215 »

Thanks everyone.
What weight bolt and what weight broad head do you suggest ? Can I shoot 22" bolts out of it ?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

My wife calls hers, her "diamond", mostly because I bought it for her on out 10th anniversary.
It is an awesome bow, we all shoot, and enjoy it.

This is our 15th anniversary next week, she is getting a lever gun.. I am so thoughtful.

Arrows are just GTII's, brass inserts, 2" vanes. It will shoot 2" at 50 yards all day long. Don't get too caught up in good/better/best arrows, they will all perform for you.

Excellent choice in bows!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
rbcss

Post by rbcss »

This is great to here everybody taking positive about this crossbow. I just ordered one last night and should have it in a couple of days. I'm new at crossbows but everything I read about Excalibur keep me coming back and keep researching them. I shot one last Friday at Carbela's and the first shot I nailed the bull's-eye. I couldn't believe I was so dead on. My State of Ct. just approved crossbow hunting a week ago. So I'm getting excited for the hunt. one of the guy's on my hunting forum took a 4 pointed this morning with his crossbow.
I do lot of reading on this site. and being new at this I hope I can get some good answers by the knowledge of you all.
Ralph
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Another very happy ibex owner here.I have added the S5 string stoppers,stock x tenders and a custom camo string from Dan aka xcaliber.Its light,simple and most important very accurate.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

maine hunter wrote::D :lol: :lol: welcome, your going to love it, the only down side is, it's hard to have only one!!!! good luck and have fun shooting.
I wish someone would have told me this a few months ago! :lol:
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Spike Country wrote:
maine hunter wrote::D :lol: :lol: welcome, your going to love it, the only down side is, it's hard to have only one!!!! good luck and have fun shooting.
Excals actually come in one per person? Hmmm
My plain jane Ibex (Phoenix) is my most often shot bow. I've thought about selling it several times and each time (fortunately) realized what a mistake it'd be.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
ranger

Post by ranger »

I just bought a Axiom witch is just about the same, just a different stock and I'm impressed with it. Who would of thought. Right now I'm just shooting the 420gn Firebolts(arrows) it came with, see no reason to change. I think it will shoot nice with 150gn BoltCutters.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
Chairman Kaga

Post by Chairman Kaga »

I have an Ibex SMF that I bought last winter.All my life I have wanted a crossbow, so I researched it and ended up with the Ibex. I don't hunt, but I really like shooting guns, so I figured I could get extra trigger time on the crossbow in my back yard.There is a 3d range near my house so I shoot there a lot ,too.

I have put an unbelievable number of arrows through this thing , and early on it survived four dry fires(dangit!).I shoot it almost every day. It still operates and looks like I just took it out of the box.I really enjoy shooting it.

My father is a bow hunter and he was having problems being consistent and was going to give up bowhunting.He took all of his equipment to the bow store he deals with, and they traded him straight up on a compound crossbow that generally has a great reputation.Withing a week he had the serving come apart near the cams. The company sent a new string and the new string's serving came apart near the cams. He took it back to the store to have them look it over, and both of the lower limbs were cracked. The company replaced the limb sets and he was shooting in the basement, cocked his bow and heard a ping sound and notice that one of the limbs had splintered. He was really getting frustrated.

So the month and a half that he had his crossbow, he only got to shoot if for 6 days, but he was gung ho about shooting and getting ready for the season, so while he was without a crossbow, we would take mine to the range and take turns. I guess he fell in love with it, because he ordered the same Ibex SMF and told the bow shop than when the other bow comes back from being repaired, that he wanted them to sell it, so he could recoup some of his money. His Ibex should be delivered tomorrow, so it will be really interesting having some shooting contests with the old man now that we will have identical bows.

I hope you enjoy shooting yours as much as I like mine.