First nite sit

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

First nite sit

Post by Cossack »

My Vortex and I spent three/half hrs if the stand situated between bedroom and cornfield tonight, first nite sit of the season. NADA. Could be the wind, gusting to 15 mph, kept em in bed late. Be sitting the cornfield proper tomorrow ..if the wind is right. As luck would have it was informed that a deer was in the food plot behind the house when I returned. Oh well, she's not a shooter....yet. :D
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Cossack

Re: First nite sit

Post by Cossack »

Retired, 73, worked a long time to be able to hunt nearly every day. I usually don't take one this early in the season. Do a lot of just sittin and watchin this time of yr...and virtual kills: paint them with the reticule, touch the trigger (safety on) whisper ''your dead." Most times they don't even know they are. :D
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Cossack wrote:. ...and virtual kills: paint them with the reticule, touch the trigger (safety on) whisper ''your dead." :D
When I try that, the auto pilot kicks in and they end up a reality kill. :lol: :shock:

Good luck out there. :)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

Ditto Cossack, 5 times in the stand and nothing but does, fawns and lots of tree rats. Be there tomorrow at 0-dark 30 for another sit. I like to hear the Wipper-Wills wake up in the early am.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
wabi

Post by wabi »

Deerstalker wrote:Ditto Cossack, 5 times in the stand and nothing but does, fawns and lots of tree rats. Be there tomorrow at 0-dark 30 for another sit. I like to hear the Wipper-Wills wake up in the early am.
The does, fawns, and tree rats taste good, too. :wink:

I have to watch it or
sumner4991 wrote:When I try that, the auto pilot kicks in and they end up a reality kill.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
HIGHBOW

Post by HIGHBOW »

I haven not made it out yet, we had some cool temps over the weekend but I just couldn't make the time as of yet. Our leafs are starting to turn and I've heard that acorns are not going to readily available, so that will make our season difficult.At least you can be getting a list of what's there to choose from Cossack.
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!