Deer hunting from a layout Goose Blind

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BryanOney

Deer hunting from a layout Goose Blind

Post by BryanOney »

Anyone ever do any deer hunting out of a Layout Goose Blind. I would imagine it would only work for gun hunting. Can anyone offer any tips or suggestions for this. Thanks
Peacemaker

Re: Deer hunting from a layout Goose Blind

Post by Peacemaker »

the problem I see is that when you shoot a bullet or a bolt from a layout, you are shooting in an upward direction, and your projectile will go quite far and you have no idea what it might hit.

Shooting downward: good. Shooting upward: bad.

Maybe OK if you are shooting pellets that will fall harmlessly. Not OK for larger projectiles.

In certain areas the law requires that you hunt from an elevated position just for this reason.

My two cents.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Good observation on the shooting up sometimes we can overlook the simple things when we get an idea in our heads.
Tenpoint Matrix
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Usually an arrow will only go a short distance, if'en in thickets woods yer pit blind would do fine. The problem lies in the fact of yer movement in the deers eye sight. They will pick any movement off very quickly. I used to dig a pit n sit down in it. I put a brown tarp or blanket over me usin sticks to keep it up over me. This was very good usin firearms & may work great wid a crossbow
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315