BowJax Limb Dampeners - Comparison video

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BravoKilo

BowJax Limb Dampeners - Comparison video

Post by BravoKilo »

Recently picked up a set of the BowJax limb dampeners for my Phoenix and managed to put together a quick comparison video.

Also wanted to give a thumbs up to the guys at BowJax too. Installed my original set a bit crooked and when I went to remove one of the dampeners I managed to snap off the main body from the base plate. Lesson learned: use a flat knife to get under the adhesive disc and pry up. Anyway, I emailed them asking if I could just buy a replacement dampener rather than an entire kit -- instead, they sent me a replacement pair for free, no questions asked!

Made sure to take my time to measure and mark where I wanted to install them the second time around. I suggest everybody else does the same :lol:

Anyway, onto the video... http://youtu.be/3KHWk7poEd8

My impressions: Definitely a noticeable difference... even more so in person than on the video. While it obviously won't quiet your bow down to the volume of a vertical bow, it certainly does take away the annoying vibration hum after the shot. (Especially noticeable on the side shot clips)

Didn't get a chance yet to test it at longer distances (40+ yards), but haven't noticed any POI chances at 20-30 yards. Maybe some day if I get a chrono I'll go ahead and re-test and post the results.