Swhacker Sharpness

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Swhacker Sharpness

Post by vixenmaster »

Well like a noob i didn't ck my swhacker blade sharpness or in this case butter knife dull! Almost all good Companys have their BH's sharp in the pak. I am appalled they put sumpin in the pak wid the edge these have on them, must be a joke that has went badly :( Goin to use me EZ Diamond stone to sharpen them
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
JPjunkie

Re: Swhacker Sharpness

Post by JPjunkie »

Get em good and sharp for the twins :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

That explains the no pass through..
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I went bought a cheap knife sharpener and cut it down so I could sharpen my rages . It was one of those you pull your blade through . 6 dollars at Walmart . Does a decent job .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

These swhackers have only one beverled edge on the 1" in flight blades. I may pay more but i will stay wid the Spitfire's fer mech after this snooked me deal!
Half Bubble Off BD360

Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Interesting.I have been looking at Swackers as I want to try a mechanical.A review I read gave them an A for sharpness so they must be doing something different.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Fred T wrote:Interesting.I have been looking at Swackers as I want to try a mechanical.A review I read gave them an A for sharpness so they must be doing something different.
China quality control is none! I didn't knowed they were made in China til i bought them from BHSS
Half Bubble Off BD360

strum

Post by strum »

I noticed my slick trick was dull too.. after I pulled it out of the dirt :lol: :lol:
Mike I never tried the swackers but it got the job done for you..
Im suprised on their sharpness, or lack of.
You have always had good luck with the spitfires so staying with those may be your best choice.. my moto is "go with what you know"
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

vixenmaster wrote:
Fred T wrote:Interesting.I have been looking at Swackers as I want to try a mechanical.A review I read gave them an A for sharpness so they must be doing something different.
China quality control is none! I didn't knowed they were made in China til i bought them from BHSS
Ooooh!Me thoughts dem's made in America too. :o
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Bought 3 last year and on one of them the blade was never even ground at the factory. It was like a practice blade or something.

But I did find that you can clamp them in a Lansky sharpener and sharpen the long blades.

A single bevel is not bad. In fact that is what Ed Ashby recommends for breaking through bone.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

I just got my Swhacker's in the mail but have not inspected them closely. The one inch "in-flight" blades don't look particularly razor sharp....but I wonder if that is intentional so that they provide good resistance to ensure foldback and proper deployment of the bigger blades......which "should" be very sharp.

My Rage mechanical worked flawlessly on the pass-through kill a couple of weeks ago. Still looking for the broadhead in the woods to see what the blades look like...
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Hey VM I've been reading a lot of good reviews on the g5 broadheads have u checked them out ?
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mo wannabe wrote:Hey VM I've been reading a lot of good reviews on the g5 broadheads have u checked them out ?
They be good, i jus went to ebay & they think they have gold in'em :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

I got some last year and 2 of the 3 were dull .I called the company to let them know and they just said thanks. They sharpen easy and kill deer very well. But just yesterday I was looking at the Bowhunter super store and they have a note when buying the Swhakers to order replacement blades with them :shock: I hope they fix the problem because they fly good and are priced ok compared to Rages .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well they their email set up where you have to jon their Site! Right, NOT! Called them i got the same song n dance that they really not interested in my feedback but wanted me to buy more of their poorly made China BH's
Half Bubble Off BD360