Problem with the Matrix 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ben S.

Problem with the Matrix 380

Post by Ben S. »

My buddy just called me from out of town. He bought the Matrix 380 and loves it he has been practicing with both field tips and Boltcutters and is splitting arrows consistently. He took the Matrix out after not shooting for 5 days because he has been painting and it is now shooting all over the place. High, low , left , right. he checked all the screws to make sure nothing is loose. He can't figure it out. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Ben S.

Re: Problem with the Matrix 380

Post by Ben S. »

I should add that I couldn't help him as mine has been dead nuts from the get go. I told him I was baffled so I would put it out to you guys.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Scope rings/mount screws trigger box screws, string
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Maybe he was spendin to much time with the 380 and not enough time with the other half and she did a little tunin for him while he was gone :shock: :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Make sure the bolts holding the riser are tight however this sounds like it is ether a scope problem or the rings are not tight.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
tammie

Post by tammie »

check the two screws on picatinny(prob spelled wrong) rail under the scope .my brother in law got a 380 and shot it a few times was great,then he spent a week having a bow nightmare it was way off.he had given up hope ,the bow was sitting on his bed he picked it up by the scope & noticed it was loose.he had already tightened everything else up but those two screws were loose idk why. he is probably hunting right now because that fixed it!& it was the day before season started.............
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I would turn his attention to the scope since all the screws are tight. If he has means ask him to swap it out to see if the problem goes away.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's