Rear inserts for Firebolts arrows, packaged by Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ELLIS

Rear inserts for Firebolts arrows, packaged by Excalibur

Post by ELLIS »

Last weekend I discovered that Excalibur sells a 6 pack of rear inserts for their Firebolts arrows. This has to be the best-kept secrets by Excalibur. My rear inserts get dinged up badly due to practicing and 3D tournaments. The wonderful thing about these are, replacing a damaged rear insert gets you back to factory arrow specs, no need to re-site in!

Living in Canada where neat things like this do not exist in local stores, I hunted around online US sites (couldn't find a Canadian source through Google) until I found sources that had reasonable shipping costs. There were only a few. One of the places that I discovered had the rear inserts on sale, so I planned to call them first. Their site states that USPS mailing outside of the U.S.A. is billed at an exact shipping cost and will be quoted AND billed prior to the item being shipped. PERFECT!

Just before calling the store I called Excalibur asking for a Canadian source. I was given one. Turned out that they charge double the price with HST and shipping on top of that!

The owner of The US store answered the phone, took my order and then we had a long talk about all things crossbow … a super nice guy. He gave me a tip on center serving my string that I am dying to try.

The store is Woody's Sporting Goods in ‪Wernersville, Pennsylvania‬ and Barry Gensemer is the fellow that I spoke to. This store is also the US warranty depot for Excalibur bows.

While writing this thread I flipped to another page on the Excalibur site and discovered “Online Dealers” of which one was Woody’s ……
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
VixChix

Re: Rear inserts for Firebolts arrows, packaged by Excalibur

Post by VixChix »

I love it when people here share their positive shopping experiences! Great info for others and a shout out to the company for good service. Thanks for taking the time to post!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

For goodness sakes ! What's the serving tip ? Lol
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

When Barry and I were talking I told him how my bow, an Equinox, goes through servings due to the practicing and tournaments. Though my serving technique has improved thanks to suggestions from Boo, increasing the servings life substantially, I still want to experiment to get it to last longer. I have tried serving with Halo .030 and Angel Majesty .035 Halo but for now my technique gets a longer lasting serving with Angel Majesty .026.

What Barry told me to try is to increase the length of the tail the servings starts wrapping over to go the entire length of the serving. He thinks that the serving wraps biting into a piece of itself, the tail, might help stop or delay serving separation from the trigger’s latches. I agreed that it would be worth a try.
Equinox (2011)
HHA Optimizer
OFAH Member
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

ELLIS wrote: Just before calling the store I called Excalibur asking for a Canadian source. I was given one. Turned out that they charge double the price with HST and shipping on top of that!
It's sad, but I rarely buy anything from Canada anymore, as much as I want to keep my money here in Canada I am tired takin it up the wazoo on insane prices. I only know of two kinda local stores who have very close to US pricing, so I buy from them and if they do not have what I am looking for I buy online in a US store.

Retailers used to tell us we pay more because the U.S dollar is much higher than ours, but its been years that we have been at par or darn near at par and VERY FEW places have lowered their prices, and just wait,the minute our dollars does start to nose dive these thieves will raise their prices even more and cry the high US dollar story.
Luckily I live 35min from the border and have everything shipped to a freight forwarder a minute drive after the border, so most of my purchases come from the US .
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
ELLIS

Serving tip??????

Post by ELLIS »

As Barry told me, I increased the length of the starting tail last night to go the entire length of the finished serving. As usual, I set the serving tool so tight that it barely lets the spool rotate when the tool pulls the serving material out. With this being the case, no matter what I tried, this process caused the long tail to wind itself around the bowstring. At one point I was yanking on the tail so hard with a pair of pliers that the material broke off at the pliers. The tail still wound itself around the bowstring.

Anyone have any ideas of how to get this done?
Equinox (2011)
HHA Optimizer
OFAH Member
Boo

Post by Boo »

Give me a shout Bill
Some people just like stepping on rakes