Been out 2 times so far this year.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

Been out 2 times so far this year.

Post by DaveShooter »

Was great to be out in the old deer woods this year been hunting in the eve-hours-Thick as ever but still a great time- No deer but a lot of gray squirrels. Still had fun just being out in the woods :D
vixenmaster

Re: Been out 2 times so far this year.

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup plenty of tree rats fer sure
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

It,s tough this time of year here we had so much rain this summer an never seen the grass so high an green where I hunt an so much standing corn an been hot an not much sign around the edge of the fields an edges where I hunt. I been moving from stand to stand an not seeing much but a mom with little ones that I won,t shoot. try not to hunt to much an get burnt out before my prime time that starts around holloween then I give my all . I,m ready for some meat but have seen nothing the last two days . the hungrier I get the more I will hunt :lol:
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Masboy wrote:It,s tough this time of year here we had so much rain this summer an never seen the grass so high an green where I hunt an so much standing corn an been hot an not much sign around the edge of the fields an edges where I hunt. I been moving from stand to stand an not seeing much but a mom with little ones that I won,t shoot. try not to hunt to much an get burnt out before my prime time that starts around holloween then I give my all . I,m ready for some meat but have seen nothing the last two days . the hungrier I get the more I will hunt :lol:
I'm with ya on that one for sure :D
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

hey dave it has been in the upper 70s low 80s here in erie i am waiting it out, cool wheather has got to bee around the corner. good luck to u!
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Yes good being out. Thought I had a deer moving in yesterday from the side. Very slowly I turned my head for a look and was face to face with a black squirrel. Scared the heck out of me. :lol:
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

mbc4 wrote:hey dave it has been in the upper 70s low 80s here in erie i am waiting it out, cool wheather has got to bee around the corner. good luck to u!
I don't blame ya on that weather wise at all-Weather this year seems weird or strange to me. I guess i'm getting old before my time. :lol:
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

wheelie wrote:Yes good being out. Thought I had a deer moving in yesterday from the side. Very slowly I turned my head for a look and was face to face with a black squirrel. Scared the heck out of me. :lol:
Hey Wheelie you reminded me of a fellow yrs ago whom was bow hunting. Thought he had a another hunter following him from behind. Bent down to tie his boot lace big buck was the hunter and nudged him in the backside. Ole boy just about crapped his paints-His face expression would of been priceless :D :lol: :D
ranger

Post by ranger »

I have not made it out yet, between the weather and my Mom passing away and dealing with the estate I have been to busy to get out and it's driving me nuts because I know the deer are there.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
ranger

Post by ranger »

wheelie wrote:Yes good being out. Thought I had a deer moving in yesterday from the side. Very slowly I turned my head for a look and was face to face with a black squirrel. Scared the heck out of me. :lol:
I have been chewed out by a few gray squirrels myself :o .
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I'm not having any luck in Northern Virginia either with this weather. The last four trips to the woods none of us have seen anything. Well, except for the ones in the front yard near the jeep or the half dozen along the road on the way. But in the woods, zilch. My trail camera went five full days without snapping a single picture until it snapped the one of me approaching. I hunted anyway and only confirmed what it was seeing; nothing.

This rain and cooler temps are really welcome here. Harvesting the corn from a few of the surrounding fields will help too. We've got a few weeks before the bucks really start trolling so I'm not to worried yet.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

ranger wrote:I have not made it out yet, between the weather and my Mom passing away and dealing with the estate I have been to busy to get out and it's driving me nuts because I know the deer are there.
Hang in there friend you'll get a chance to go seasons along way from over. I like it a little cooler just my blood doesn't because of the meds i'm on. But I still at least got the spirit or will to at least try to go. Ranger again you hang in there cause I know it sure is rough losing a loved one for sure-I lost my Dad back in or on 10-06-76 seems like just yesterday.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

ranger wrote:
I have been chewed out by a few gray squirrels myself :o .
Ranger now that is a sight to be hold :lol:
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

DuckHunt wrote:I'm not having any luck in Northern Virginia either with this weather. The last four trips to the woods none of us have seen anything. Well, except for the ones in the front yard near the jeep or the half dozen along the road on the way. But in the woods, zilch. My trail camera went five full days without snapping a single picture until it snapped the one of me approaching. I hunted anyway and only confirmed what it was seeing; nothing.

This rain and cooler temps are really welcome here. Harvesting the corn from a few of the surrounding fields will help too. We've got a few weeks before the bucks really start trolling so I'm not to worried yet.

DuckHunt
I'm with ya on the Deer cause you and I both know they change there movement and patterns of movement and times during the day and night for sure. I love hunting the rut myself- Some old bucks are dumber than all get out :D
Boo

Post by Boo »

First time for me today. It was pretty warm, those %#*+ red squirrels were loud and I'm surrounded by 95 acres of standing corn. Donno why I went out but it sure was nice to feel free of life's encumbrances!
Some people just like stepping on rakes