Do You Use Deer Decoy's?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tradshooter

Do You Use Deer Decoy's?

Post by tradshooter »

I was thinking about buying a deer decoy to help with bringing in more deer or just making the ones that do come in feel more relaxed. So!!!!! the Big Question is!!!!!! I was wondering since there was a question on deer scent I am wondering if you use deer decoys to bring in deer or if you think they are a waste or if you had any success with any and what do you like to use or do?

Steve
one shot scott

Re: Do You Use Deer Decoy's?

Post by one shot scott »

ive tried, didn't work for me. try anything long enough tho and its bound to work! but A decoy can spook em too!

ive had better luck by tossing a pumpkin out in plain veiw :lol: they are inquisitive creatures and want to know what that round thing is one the ground that looks like food. I have also used vanilla extract to lure em in.

A decoy may work best during rut.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I took my 3D target out once over ten years ago. I set it up about 15 steps in front of my stand in fairly open woods. Two jumped doe ran up and stopped about 75 yards away. After a few minutes they settled down and started to feed so I grunted a few times on a grunt call. They looked up and saw the decoy and turned and walk right toward it. Once they got about ten steps from it they stopped and noticed something wasn't quite right. It was too late then because they were in bow range. I bagged a big doe on my only trip with the decoy.

My only advise is to be careful where you use it. I wouldn't use one anywhere you may come across other hunters with guns. :shock: Even better, when using it, hunt from a stand. Its easier to avoid flying objects from up there.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Last year I used my 3-d deer, it was about 20 yards ahead of my blind. I used scent killer on it and put buck bomb on her back end. Had 2 does come out 15 feet to the side of my blind. They came out tail flicking ,saw the decoy and calmed down and ate.I didn't have a doe tag,so I could just watch them. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I have used a Renzo feeding doe decoy, its the one that is made with corrugated plastic with a realistic deer print on it. I put it out with some corn, like she was eating corn, and I had a real doe come up and eat right beside the decoy, and then the doe started licking the decoys neck, was the funniest thing.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Dbl. Post :oops:
Last edited by Bullzeye on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Bullzeye wrote:I have used a Renzo two sided feeding doe decoy, its the one that is made with corrugated plastic with a realistic deer print on it. I put it out with some corn, like she was eating corn, and I had a real doe come up and eat right beside the decoy, and then the doe started licking the decoys neck, was the funniest thing.
She must have been a lezdoe :shock:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
slider

Post by slider »

I have used one a few times...sometimes scares deer....mine is a large "Boss Buck" that can be used as a doe as well. My buddy has had deer come right in and feed beside it. I took a nice buck with the decoy in last years shotgun hunt.

Transporting her around the farm

[URL=http://s375.photobucket.com/user/slider ... 0.jpg.html]Image

Notice decoy 20 yds from deer...this buck spotted decoy from over 200 yds away and came right in...1st week November

[URL=http://s375.photobucket.com/user/slider ... 8.jpg.html]Image

[URL=http://s375.photobucket.com/user/slider ... 7.jpg.html]Image
2008 Phoenix
Illuminated FireBolts
100 g spitfires
Varizone
Flemish String

Always try your best!
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

We had a problem with Bucks beating the hell out of 3d targets left out over night /on days we did not shoot. One Buck stuck his antlers in a 3d target so bad he carried it 100yds. Bet the other Bucks left him alone after seeing that :lol: I have killed a few with decoys but many more with out. If you can't hunt over bait I would try it . If not it is not worth the effort. I.M.O
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String