Low Lifes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Low Lifes

Post by Farmer »

Went out to a friends farm to check cameras . I have hunted for the property for the past 5 years . Went to my last stand and camera and could not find the camera :? . I for get where I put it a senior moment maybe . heck no --- some lowlife stole it . I hate bottom feeders :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :!:

To put icing on the cake went to the next property to check the camera -good its still there . Opened it up to check the pics --------and saw I had forgot to turn it back on when card was changed 3 weeks ago . :shock: :? :roll: :lol: :lol: .
vixenmaster

Re: Low Lifes

Post by vixenmaster »

I feel yer pain about cam bein stole, ah the senior monment we all jus wait fer :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

That's too bad. So frustrating to try and figure things out for hunting and the buggars have to steal your stuff!
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i lost a camera in the spring didnt think any one else would be on this property brand new moultrie
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

YUP, low lifes have no permission but hunt our game and our equipment.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I hide a ladder under some brush a lil ways from my cameras and use it to get to my cameras which I mount 8-10 ft up the tree.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Im really sorry to hear that man. I hope they get whats coming to em.

When I hang my cams I either use a ladder like bullseye, or I stand on the rear seat of my atv to get it as high as I can. It just makes it less obvious.

On a different note, ever wonder why cams don't have a pin # to access it? I wonder if the repeat sales of cameras are the reason why
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I have a friend that buys broken cameras for a decoy and mounts his real camera more hidden. He loads up his decoy with dead batteries and very low capacity SD cards with a few pics on it of the area.

This way he loses $20 to protect hundreds, but gets the thief on camera too.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

been hearing about this happening to friends over the last few years so I started about 5 years ago using a security/bear box screwed to a tree then putting a lock on the box then running a python security cable that has a master lock on it around the tree and through the holes in the box. its a little more effort and cost but worth it, have not had a single problem......yet :)
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Sorry about your loss, it is not a good feeling to have something taken from you.
I seen a camera in a bow shop the other day, it had a separate recorder for the pictures, sends them off to a second unit that is hidden out of sight.
Having something stolen is a terrible feeling, but having a picture of the culprit would be worth its weight in gold.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I've had 5 camera's stolen in the past 4 yrs. I used security boxes lag screwed to the trees and a pylon cable All to no avail. I put them high in a tree where they are pretty much out of sight. They pry the security box off the tree and cut the pylon cable, I've pretty much given up using cameras. Far too expensive. It's pretty common here for guys to have, cameras, pop up blinds and tree stands stolen, They come prepared as lag screw security boxes, chains and cables does not stop them.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
massbow

Post by massbow »

I allways thought it was crazy for someone to steal something from someone who likes to kill things! :wink:
Team 355
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I walked out to one of my stands and found someone took off the bottom 5' of my ladder and stole it.Now i bolt them together.Who would of thought they'd steal that!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I have had one walk away and as others have said its not a good feeling! but i got the guy on a camera that he missed :D
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

Years ago I developed a way to get up trees and leave little evidence. I use a small fold out drill and grade 8 bolts. I use a home made sling type stand or a hang on Millinium. I hang my camera where I plan to sit and angle it towards where I expect visitors. So far I have never had an issue. I usually hunt remote areas but when on public lands I hide the shavings from the drill and place twigs in the first few holes. Tree size or limbs are no issue with this system and twelve holes can be drilled in about 15 min., which puts me about 20' up.
Exomax
Lumizone
Boo Trigger
Firebolts
125 Stricnines