A couple questions about the range finder mount

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MI Yeti

A couple questions about the range finder mount

Post by MI Yeti »

I'm thinking of purchasing an excal range finder mount but i have a couple questions . In most photos i have seen of the mount with a range finder on it its one that has mostly flat sides . The range finder i have is not flat at all on the sides its very contoured . I was thinking it would cause issues with the Velcro used to mount the range finder into the mount (not enough contact area ?) .

Has any one tried it with a range finder thats not flat on the sides ? Was it secure ? The range finder i have is the Wildgame Innovations HeadHunter ZX6 .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
awshucks

Re: A couple questions about the range finder mount

Post by awshucks »

I designed and sold the rf mount to Excal. Your choice won't work w/ rf mount.

The rf I used then and now is a Bushnel 450, which is more like a pair of binocs [flat].

Sorry....... :mrgreen:

A word of caution: Don't carry your rf mounted on a 4 whlr for any length of time, they can vibrate loose and fall off. :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

Thanks for the quick reply , It saved me $35-40 for something i would not be able to use .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

You can make one that will work. You'ld need to bend a piece of alum about 1/16" to the right width and rivet it to a dovetail mount. Think of a 'U'. Skip the rubber and the full length mount, it's not needed, the 'U' shape will suffice.........

Mal-wart sells 2" wide velcro, you wouldn't need a lot, and not 2" wide.

It would call for some careful calculations as you would have to allow for the thickness of [2] velcro strips added to the width of the rf. Good luck!
"Eze 18:21"