range finder advice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tharris811

range finder advice

Post by tharris811 »

seems my range finder is not giving me the right distance..I need a new one what is a good one that won't break the bank.. thanks in advance
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
wheelie

Re: range finder advice

Post by wheelie »

Write a nice letter how much you love there products ect and chances are better than not that they will send you a new one. I paid $150. for mine and it was 4 feet out and I got a new one. :)
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Should have added. Send range finder back with the letter. Sent 3 bowfishing reels back last year and got 3 new ones here in boxes unopened as spares. I send everything back when it breaks. Have never had a company tell me to pump sand. :lol: Well except cell phones. :(
wabi

Post by wabi »

Bushnell yardage pro sport 450 does all I need to do with one.
Had a fancier rangefinder, but found I didn't need all the "bells & whistles" and/or longer range.
wabi
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

I have a halo 400 that I bought last year for under $100. Never had a RF before but the halo seems fine.
Matrix380NC

Post by Matrix380NC »

I recently purchased a Bushnell Chuck Adams edition since my RX750 was only good in bow mode to 50 yards. Decided on the Chuck Adams one since it wasn't too pricey and had the angle adjust out to 100 yards for the bow. The Matrix is sighted in to 60 yards but I have yet to see anything large enough here in NC. This years version Bushnell is the Truth model but a bit more pricey. The angle comp works great and very small and light so you hardly know it's there.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I am very happy with my 450, it does what it is supposed to.
I may try a better one soon, got a chance to hold a real nice Leopold that had the angle compensation, what I liked even more was that the optics were so clear that it could double as a minor magnification spotting scope.
I'll try a better one soon enough.
The 450 works awesome with the rangefinder mount, my old girl seems to blow that battery door off sometimes when I shoot, but nothing a couple rubber bands didn't fix.
I added an external button, great set up for a spot and stalk, zero extra movement.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I've got an old Bushnell yardage pro compact 600 that's been great. No angle adjustment though. I like the little Redfield too, that's probably what I'll get if mine ever dies. I've got a Revolution scope on one of my rifles and the Rebel binos, been very satisfied with their products for the price.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

I have the 2013 Nikon Archer’s Choice Rangefinder. It measures from 5-600 yards in 0.1 increments. Can also display metric units. The unit has Angle compensation, Tru Target, and Incline/Decline Technology. The LCD display can be switched from black to red in low light conditions. The rangefinder is also waterproof. Glad I sold my Bushnell Sport 450 and bought this.
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Bein on a tight budget I have always borrowed a buddies until his moose hunting coincided with my bow hunt, so I picked up a Simmons LRF 600 on sale for $90. I read a lot of good reviews on this unit, but most people said for bows its great, but no good for rifle. Though they claim its good up to 600, in reality its only really good under a hundred yards, and it has no fancy ballistic calculators , and does not light up in low light but does calculate the angle, which is fine for me.

I tried it side by side with my buddies $350 Bushnell and there was never more than one yard difference at under one hundred yards.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Aero320

Post by Aero320 »

I just mounted the Leupold Vendetta on my Exocet and could not be happier. It is not the cheapest rangefinder on the market, but is well worth the money.
Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Flemish Dyna String
Gold Tip Laser III's
Easton 2117 w/Brass Inserts
Rocket Hammerheads (100g.)
Slick Tricks
X-Act Mechanicals
Leupold Vendetta