First post

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lake shooter

First post

Post by Lake shooter »

Hey y'all,

Wanted to say hi and share a few thoughts about my new Matrix 380. First; after 2 shots to start sighting in and burying both bolts past the nock in a brand new Morrell Yellow Jacket Supreme II.......... I was amazed at the energy being produced by this package!!!!! :shock:

I believe that I would have been totally happy with the "slower" Model!!!! The insert pulled out of one bolt but I managed to get the other out. Vanes are really stressed out looking, but I'll give steaming a try. Managed to push the other one back through enough to get to the nock end so that I could reglue it. Waiting for good cure now.

I'm thinking of using one of my old archery targets in front of this new one to take some of the zing from the bolt. Maybe that way it won't be such a PITA to remove bolts every time. Thoughts?
Riflemanz

Re: First post

Post by Riflemanz »

Welcome, get a rinehart 18-1 target for field points and BH's.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

A Rhinehart block will last a long time, the 18=1 is easier to move about. Yup like i said the 355 would have been the cats meow
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
massbow

Post by massbow »

Welcome! I also had a few nocks pull out on me so I don't use it anymore.
Team 355
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Thanks everyone. I ain't rich, this rig is the first new archery hunting outfit I've bought since about 1998 and the $$$$ hurts, but I finally made the switch because I long ago lost the desire and will to tune, practice, tune, practice and so on ad nauseam. I'm looking very much forward to being able to sight in with relatively few shots and just go HUNTING!!!! :D :D :D

I spent good coin on the target so that's what I'll use for a while, but I see a Rinehart in my future sometime. Got the other bolt pulled out after re gluing with Superglue, no problem. I have 7 more days until my 30 day permit to hunt a bow only WMA starts, and a nice buck on camera visiting a scrape I found last year. I think that time will allow me to get plenty accurate and comfortable with the new rig, hopefully with relatively few shots being fired and bolts pulled! :oops:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Welcome and congrats on the fine xbow! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome to the forum!
wabi