Decocking with antidry fire device

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lake shooter

Decocking with antidry fire device

Post by Lake shooter »

I find nothing here on this subject, only a video from the owner on why Excalibur crossbows DON'T need one! Someone enlighten me please...... is there a safe/smart way to decock my Matrix 380 without firing a bolt?

I'm a strong guy with big arms, but I have yet to attempt how to do this with one arm on the cocking rope and another hand on the trigger and also work said device. unlike lots of macho types, I have no problem in asking for directions instead of getting lost! 8)
cdn.redneck

Re: Decocking with antidry fire device

Post by cdn.redneck »

Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
strum

Post by strum »

I don't use one but it looks like you would decock the same as if you didn't have one but you have to press the latch on the back to dissengae the DF and pull the trigger. so it takes one hand to hold the rope cocker and a thumb and finger to do the deal...oh and if you sing Swing Low at the same time it helps :lol: :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

OK, thanks, sounds like what I was thinking but it never hurts to ask.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

strum wrote:I don't use one but it looks like you would decock the same as if you didn't have one but you have to press the latch on the back to dissengae the DF and pull the trigger. so it takes one hand to hold the rope cocker and a thumb and finger to do the deal...oh and if you sing Swing Low at the same time it helps :lol: :lol: :lol:
And rub your tummy and pat your head :lol:
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

thats really good for you in asking first. hope it all works out ok. maybe you saved someone else from having an accident as well. good luck
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Not exactly the answer your looking for but my wife has a Parker crossbow that has to be fired to unload, I bought a Morrell Yellow Jacket Discharge Target for her. Small enough to take anywhere, $20, saves me a ton of hassles :lol:
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

i used to be very anti anti dryfire, but now im pro anti dryfire.

because i used to be pro at dryfires. Are dry fires like dry ice?

because i used to dy fire the most when consuming thinkgs thast had ice.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Oppie wrote:Not exactly the answer your looking for but my wife has a Parker crossbow that has to be fired to unload, I bought a Morrell Yellow Jacket Discharge Target for her. Small enough to take anywhere, $20, saves me a ton of hassles :lol:
ADF saved my wife's Parker and that's all I'll say bout that :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
strum

Post by strum »

one shot scott wrote:i used to be very anti anti dryfire, but now im pro anti dryfire.

because i used to be pro at dryfires. Are dry fires like dry ice?

because i used to dy fire the most when consuming thinkgs thast had ice.

One Shot What?...I think you have had more than one shot :lol: :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

:lol: :lol:
that truely did make me LOL stan!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Yep , I hook on the rope cocking aid ... thumb the dry fire tab forward and touch the trigger with finger on the same hand as I let the rope down slowly .... smooth and quick , works flawless every time so far for me .
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Yep , I hook on the rope cocking aid ... thumb the dry fire tab forward and touch the trigger with finger on the same hand as I let the rope down slowly .... smooth and quick , works flawless every time so far for me .
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Do you believe in Deja-vu ?
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Although handy if I really require to do so. I try to avoid decocking with the rope cocker unless someone is there to help.
Otherwise I try to shoot into a target I carry in my vehicle when done for the day or finish off every target shooting session with one last shot.
I do this because the camo in the groove on my 2012 Exquinox I am sure can only take so much friction before it is worn away. I am sure it evenually will but why rush things. The bonus for me by shooting into a target placed at 30 yards at the end of the day also confirms nothing has distrubed to my POI.
Knowing I am ready to go next time out.

I installed the anti dryfire to prevent dryfires and nothing else.
Decocking policy / process for me has not changed anti dryfire installed or not avoiding the use of the cocking rope as much as I can. When I do have to I try to get assistance first so I can lower the string equally on both sides reducing cocking rope slippage and avoid the dramatic friction thru the groove which the Exquinox surely creates.
So far very little wear is evident to the camo and I would like to keep it that way as long as possible.