Matrix 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hawkeyemd

Matrix 380

Post by Hawkeyemd »

Just a "Heads- Up" : I was just checking over my new Matrix 380 after an evening shoot, approx. 36 shots. I found all four small screws that hold the scope on were loose !! I think they were supposed to be loctited from the factory, but evidently they were not. I loctited them, and checked all screws. I think with all the torque this bow has, the screws need to be checked often ! Thanks & Good Shooting, Hawkeyemd
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Re: Matrix 380

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

The screws are secured with Loctite at the factory however it is possible yours was missed in error or not enough was applied. Its always good practice to check scope mount screws on any crossbow as they are the most likely to loosen. Remember to only use "blue" Loctite, the red stuff will ruin your day if you ever need to remove them.

Peter
Boo

Post by Boo »

Terry, happy hunting in A-HI-YA! :mrgreen: Get yourself a good one and take lots of pictures!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hawkeyemd

Post by Hawkeyemd »

Don, Thanks, and thanks also for your fast service,and all of the information you gave me over the phone ! I'll try to put it to good use!! If I'm lucky in Ohio, I'll give you a call. Good hunting to you ,my friend! Regards, Terry
Hawkeyemd

Re: Matrix 380/ UPDATE

Post by Hawkeyemd »

Shot my 380 Sat. 18 shots with 18 1/2" GT 11'S, 100 GR. f.p.,2" blazer vanes w/ radical rt. helical, 392.0 grs. total. Average f.p.s. was 364.8 f.p.s. @ 20 yds. Forgot, had lumenok's on arrows. Was pleased with these results ! Next, 30,40,50 yds. All shots were bullseye @ 20yds. , different bulls, of course !! Any imput? Thanks, Hawkeyemd PS GT'S had 110gr. brass inserts.