Unreal easy and accurate

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lake shooter

Unreal easy and accurate

Post by Lake shooter »

I just came in from setting my scope up on the Matrix 380. I had adjusted it to 350 per second and took one 30 yards shot the other day after sighting in at 20. It was darn close to dead on center at 30 yards but I knew that I needed to shoot at further ranges to make sure things were Kosher.

Set my target at 40 yards with the range finder and shot a bolt. Maybe 2" low and slightly left. Turned the scope ring up to 365 fps and shot another. Maybe .75" low and still a tad left. Turned the ring up to 370 fps and made a half click windage adjustment and fired a third bolt. Dead nuts center bullseye!!!!

Man, what a piece of work! I know this is old school to you long time Excalibur shooters, but just coming off of 20 something years with an MQ1 this is refreshing in the extreme to say the least! Thank you Excalibur!!!!!

Dave
Last edited by Lake shooter on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zap

Re: Unreal easy an accurate

Post by Zap »

Sweet!
Enjoy the new bow...... :mrgreen:
Duck or Bleed.....
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Ur hooked now
Enjoy the new toy.
U wanna make it even shoot better ,get a good trigger .That's just a start.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Yeah, I agree. The trigger is certainly not bad by any means, but I would prefer less creep and a slightly lighter pull. Down the toad though, I'm happy with how the whole rig is working.

I know this: the Swhackers shoot great!!! :D
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Glad It's shoot good for ya. The creep will get better the more you abbot it. My vortex had creep when I got it, now its a lot better. Same as my axiom too. Good luck shooting. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Thanks Y'all. That's southern for "youse"!!! :lol: 8) :wink: