Boltcutter broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tattydaddy2

Boltcutter broadheads

Post by Tattydaddy2 »

Hey all, first year with crossbow , upon reading these topics I had question but didn't want to walk on Sumones post, been using slick trick with my matthews forever in a day, I purchased sum bolt cutters when got crossbow. Guess just looking for feedback on how the bolt cutters are,if should stick with the tricks, again this crossbow stuff-all Just settling in, figuring out what works best, n also boy this kinda loud when shoot, shooting the equinox and Hav gotten all anti vibration n noise reducing things I can, guess just gotta get use to ?
peter p

Re: Boltcutter broadheads

Post by peter p »

If you have the firebolts that came with the light stuff package then 100 grain slick tricks might be too light for your bow.

The 150 grain bolt cutters is what excalibur recommends for the firebolts. Lots of guys use them with great results.
Tattydaddy2

Post by Tattydaddy2 »

Gotcha, yes I Hav lite stuff package, with firebolts. Thanks!!!!!!!
rayman

Post by rayman »

I've had good results with boltcutters but haven't tried anything else. Some guys here have really done a lot of home research and can give good comparisons. :)
mitch

Post by mitch »

got my 3 deer again this year with bolt cutter. The longest recovery was 75 yard. pass through on all of them.