Modified Equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Re: Modified Equinox

Post by Pydpiper »

That looks great!
The gesture is an awesome one too.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
_woods

Post by _woods »

strum wrote:that is a cool factor of 1000!!!
i wonder how it would shoot if you put the martix front end on it ?
I was wondering that myself. Would be an interesting experiment, provided everything lined up properly.
2012 Eclipse
Home-brewed D10 Flemish string
GT II III w/ 175 'Tricks
Leonard Hawkins

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

Yes vixons : are great. I have a vixon with a phoenix camo stock and camo limbs from an exocet. Beautiful. Hawk :wink: :wink: :wink:
cdnarmyguy

Post by cdnarmyguy »

GO BIG OR GO HOME :(
What's 64 tons, green and black, and can take a deer at 3400m. A leopard tank.
todaupah

Post by todaupah »

Awesome mod for sure! PM sent.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Boo wrote:I'm hoping the desire to have one of the below goes away real soon! Geeze that bow looks good!

Go for it!! You can get these Equinox bows fairly cheap now that the Matrix series has taken over.

I may even use it before the season is over & leave the Matrix @ home!! :)

I actually had an old Varizone in my Archery box of goodies. Now it looks even more impressive with a scope on it!!!

Hello,
That is a sweet looking Equinox/Vixen, :) :) . Short, easy to hold up while shooting, especially while target shooting, and easy to cock for those that don't have to use a Crank-a-Roo any way. Now all you need is a Vixen name plate to add next to the Equinox name plate and it will be complete, :lol: :lol: .
Can any good machinist at decent machine shop make that type of modification to the rail or does it need to been done by someone that deals with crossbows like Danny Miller?
Thanks,
Raymond
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Raymond wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Boo wrote:I'm hoping the desire to have one of the below goes away real soon! Geeze that bow looks good!

Go for it!! You can get these Equinox bows fairly cheap now that the Matrix series has taken over.

I may even use it before the season is over & leave the Matrix @ home!! :)

I actually had an old Varizone in my Archery box of goodies. Now it looks even more impressive with a scope on it!!!

Hello,
That is a sweet looking Equinox/Vixen, :) :) . Short, easy to hold up while shooting, especially while target shooting, and easy to cock for those that don't have to use a Crank-a-Roo any way. Now all you need is a Vixen name plate to add next to the Equinox name plate and it will be complete, :lol: :lol: .
Can any good machinist at decent machine shop make that type of modification to the rail or does it need to been done by someone that deals with crossbows like Danny Miller?
Thanks,
Raymond
Any good machinest should be able to do it. However I went with Danny Miller because he knows his stuff and after doing a bbit of research he came highly recomended to do this mod. I was going to only remove 2" but after discussing with Danny we found that the Quiver mount holes would interfere with the new Riser holes so we went with 3" to be safe. I only lost about 20FPS but gained an even better balanced bow. No regrets doing this mod. Its a keeper!!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Yup, I would probably say that Dan is the man with what you told me also. Thanks for the info, now I just have to make up my mind whether or not to make the cut. Or wait and see if my son is going to continue to target shoot and hunt and give him this one and wait for Excalibur to come out with a new lower poundage Matrix crossbow in the new year, :lol: :lol: :idea: :?: I think I might wait until our hunting season is over her. By then Excalibur will already have their new line-up released and I will see what they have on the market. That is what I will tell the kids and my wife to ask Santa to bring me for a late Christmas gift maybe, a lower poundage crossbow, :D :D .
Thanks,
Raymond