Loose trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Daamcon

Loose trigger

Post by Daamcon »

I was checking the screws to make sure they were tight and noticed the trigger assembly had a jiggle in it.
Tried to tighten the screw in front of the trigger but it was tight. Is there something else I should be looking for to tighten?
snuffbox

Re: Loose trigger

Post by snuffbox »

Trigger has two screws holding iit in,you have to remove the rail from the stock to get at them.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Loose trigger screws will ruin your day. :mrgreen: Try a dab of blue Loc-tite on both.......
"Eze 18:21"
Daamcon

Post by Daamcon »

Can any if you give me some detailed instructions on how to do this
We are right in the middle if archery season in Indiana and I've seen some good bucks running around

Thanks
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

go on triggertech.com, check for the manual on how to install their trigger.... you'll find detailed pictures. 8)

http://www.triggertech.com/index.html
look in = product info / instruction
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
strum

Post by strum »

Daamcon wrote:Can any if you give me some detailed instructions on how to do this
We are right in the middle if archery season in Indiana and I've seen some good bucks running around

Thanks
you didn't tell us which bow it is but.
youll need to remove the two screws that hold your stock to the rail then work the rail out of the stock being careful not to bend the trigger ..then you'll see the two screws holding your trigger unit to the rail..
remove those one at a time and add a very small amount of blue loc tite to the threads of each screw. Retighten, install stock. your done..
Last edited by strum on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

Here you go....

Looking at the bottom of the crossbow you will see two allen screws, one in the forestock and one directly in front of the trigger (there is an access hole through the trigger guard, at least on my Equinox). Remove both screws.

During this procedure remember location of all screws when taking them out. Lengths will vary.

Now the rail/trigger/arrow retainer/scope/limb assembly is ready to be disassembled from the stock. Do not peel away the stock from the rail assembly like one would peel a banana. The stock will catch the end of the trigger and probably will bend it. What you want to do is remove the stock from the rail assembly by moving the stock straight down from it. This can easily be done by holding the rail assembly in one hand and slapping the stock straight down with the other. I do this just above and in the middle of a table so the stock doesn’t have far to go.

Turn the rail assembly upside down on the table. The trigger/arrow retainer/scope assembly is attached to the end of the rail by two allen screws. One is right at the end of the rail and the other is in front of the trigger lever. You might have to move the trigger lever back to see it. There is a third screw directly behind the trigger lever. This holds the trigger lever to the trigger assembly. Leave this one alone. Tighten the two screws holding the trigger to the rail.

Put the stock back on and you will be good to go. I actually did this recently to install a TriggerTech red trigger lever. After putting the stock back on I went to the range to make sure the scope was still dead on. It was.

Hope this helps.
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
Daamcon

Post by Daamcon »

It is a380 matrix.
Thanks for the very detailed instructions.
The people on this forum are so helpful.
strum

Post by strum »

Daamcon wrote:It is a380 matrix.
Thanks for the very detailed instructions.
The people on this forum are so helpful.
let us know how it worked out for ya man
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Daamcon

Post by Daamcon »

Just an up date on tightening the trigger. It was very simple and I had it done and sighted in in about an hour .
Going to have to save my penny's for trigger tech trigger now .

I set up all my buddy's bows and this is way simpler to work on.
Something to be said about keep it simple.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Sorta like a harley pair a pliers and a screw driver you can rebuild the whole thing :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things