Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
Oppie

Re: Here is some real boredum at work!

Post by Oppie »

Had more fun than me, spent two very long hours in the blind with my wife, and not a deer was seen.... :shock:
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

I cocked my 380 in the tree the other day Its actually not that bad I was in a side hanger
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

JPjunkie wrote:I cocked my 380 in the tree the other day Its actually not that bad I was in a side hanger

So have I. Done it with the equinox too. both without the rope cocker. Sometimes you may get a 2nd shot
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I can cock my 355 in my 18' ladder stand no problem!
I'm hunting Sunday morning so hopefully i won't need to re-cock in the stand!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Where at in Lowell
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

That said, who really cares how quiet their crossbow is? You aint getting a second shot anyway! :lol:[/quote]

I've had a lot of follow up shots on deer, got a buck-doe double on opening day this year. Took the doe, cocked the bow and just as the buck was trying to figure out why the doe wanted to sleep right there, he took a dirt nap. Last year I missed a buck clean, he did a 40y circle around my stand trying to wind whatever made that loud twig snap, so I cocked the bow, and I nailed him when he entered the shooting lane in front of me. So, if I were you I'd practice, you never know!

And the matrix is a lot easier to cock especially in a climber, the lower limb width and less overall length make it easier than the exos.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

xcaliber wrote:Just past GKM!
Where the h#$ is that
cevans

Post by cevans »

At 3pm today in southern Indiana we got about 10 minutes of dime sized hail out of nowhere while in the stand hunting. Anybody else have a little pizazz to their weather today? Saw one small doe that I passed up and had a bobcat 8' from my tree at 1pm also. After the hail,,windy late afternoon and evening gusting to as much as 20mph. The best hunting is yet to come. :)
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

xcaliber wrote:Just east of 65, south of 2. GKM is a county park, we are just west, and north of that. I would say 4 miles south of route 2. The owner lets us out when his son is not hunting, got to call him every week, but he is cool! A friend of a friend!
Thats about 5 miles from my house alot of deer at the grand kankakee I saw a button buck and 7800 sandhills at daybreak sounds like jurassic park at daylight at JP :shock:
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Stand sitting, those are special moments that I relish immensely.. At 73 one never knows how long they will be available to savor. Generally I'm far too busy looking and listening to do any in depth cogitating but I love to 'see the world go by.' See all that is there around me, the little creature about their busy lives. The sunrises when the night shift heads for home - had a flying squirrel den up within feet of me. The sunsets, when the day shift punches out: like the complex, cautious approach the palliated woodpecker makes to it's den site. Or, that year's 'gang of 5' (raccoon pups) nosily making their way over a fallen tree toward the nearby cornfield . The sounds that surround: the plaintive peep of a wood frog, whose cadence varies by temperature; the "who cooks for you" call of the bared owl; the jabbering concofeny of the coyote pack gathering for the evening hunt; the raucous call of the hen mallard in the rushes of the nearby pond. And, oh yes, the deer too. Their cautious approach, almost noiselessly, stopping often to test the smells I am unable to smell, ears ever swiveling to catch the fainted of sounds. ( I stopped wearing my 'noisy' Timex, I swear they could hear the faint ticking when nearby.) These are most precious moments to live and relive again from the video of my mind.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Cossack wrote:Stand sitting, those are special moments that I relish immensely.. At 73 one never knows how long they will be available to savor. Generally I'm far too busy looking and listening to do any in depth cogitating but I love to 'see the world go by.' See all that is there around me, the little creature about their busy lives. The sunrises when the night shift heads for home - had a flying squirrel den up within feet of me. The sunsets, when the day shift punches out: like the complex, cautious approach the palliated woodpecker makes to it's den site. Or, that year's 'gang of 5' (raccoon pups) nosily making their way over a fallen tree toward the nearby cornfield . The sounds that surround: the plaintive peep of a wood frog, whose cadence varies by temperature; the "who cooks for you" call of the bared owl; the jabbering concofeny of the coyote pack gathering for the evening hunt; the raucous call of the hen mallard in the rushes of the nearby pond. And, oh yes, the deer too. Their cautious approach, almost noiselessly, stopping often to test the smells I am unable to smell, ears ever swiveling to catch the fainted of sounds. ( I stopped wearing my 'noisy' Timex, I swear they could hear the faint ticking when nearby.) These are most precious moments to live and relive again from the video of my mind.
Good read thanks for sharing I enjoy every minute in the tree and hope I am able at your age sounds like you get around rather well good luck and be safe :D
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Me too!!! I'm a month from 59 today and love all of those aspects of being in a stand. Sometimes it can get excruciatingly boring when absolutely NOTHING is moving, but I try and remember that I'm lucky as hell just to be there, and darn sure hope to make it to 73 and still be able to hunt! :D

I sat from before light until after light one time and one time only. It was a beautiful day and my back wasn't acting up on me, making it possible. Still, that was the deadest day that I can remember: all I saw or heard in that whole time was one squirrel!