Triggertech's newest offering

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

Re: Triggertech's newest offering

Post by Riflemanz »

Welcome fiddleman! Do i know you from somewhere?
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
fiddleman

Post by fiddleman »

har har! like you just dropped my range finder off :lol:
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Are these triggers polished so as not to cause damage to the serving?
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Boo

Post by Boo »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:Are these triggers polished so as not to cause damage to the serving?
Absolutely! They have a wider footprint on the serving as well. That was one of the important design features that Mats designed in. There are a lot of "little" things designed in that no one knows about.
Here's another example. The lower sear pivots on a roller bearing.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Thanks Boo. I have another question. I am going to get a Trigger Tech trigger for my Vortex, but I am undecided on which one to get. When I cock my Vortex I place it on safe and take up any travel that is in the stock trigger. Been doing this since I got it. When its time to shoot I just click it off safe and shoot. I do not feel any slack or take up, the bow just goes off when I squeeze the trigger. That being said I am leaning towards the single stage trigger. Is this a good choice or is the two stage trigger a better option? I have not had the opportunity to try either one of Trigger Techs triggers.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
Boo

Post by Boo »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:Thanks Boo. I have another question. I am going to get a Trigger Tech trigger for my Vortex, but I am undecided on which one to get. When I cock my Vortex I place it on safe and take up any travel that is in the stock trigger. Been doing this since I got it. When its time to shoot I just click it off safe and shoot. I do not feel any slack or take up, the bow just goes off when I squeeze the trigger. That being said I am leaning towards the single stage trigger. Is this a good choice or is the two stage trigger a better option? I have not had the opportunity to try either one of Trigger Techs triggers.
Which one to buy is a personal choice, you are going to have to try both.
In regards to pulling on the trigger with the safety engaged to reduce trigger travel, anyone intimately familiar with these trigger units will tell that it is not a wise thing to do.
TriggerTech

Post by TriggerTech »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:Thanks Boo. I have another question. I am going to get a Trigger Tech trigger for my Vortex, but I am undecided on which one to get. When I cock my Vortex I place it on safe and take up any travel that is in the stock trigger. Been doing this since I got it. When its time to shoot I just click it off safe and shoot. I do not feel any slack or take up, the bow just goes off when I squeeze the trigger. That being said I am leaning towards the single stage trigger. Is this a good choice or is the two stage trigger a better option? I have not had the opportunity to try either one of Trigger Techs triggers.
A good way to try the triggers out is to bug your local bow shop to start carrying them!

Boo is right, it is a personal choice. If you enjoy the release of your current trigger, but just don't want to decrease creep by pulling on the trigger in the safe position, and also want a clean and crisp, lighter release, then the single-stage is a good bet for you. Also, the price is a real bonus for a trigger upgrade.

The two-stage does have a lot of benefits for hunters, as the pre-load that is engineered in provides a safety portion as well as a nice smooth and controlled take-up to the wall. As noted before, you can let go at this time if the shot is not right and re-engage the safety for your next opportunity.

TT
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Thank you gentlemen for your replies. I will be getting a single stage trigger. Never did like the take up before the shot. I was unaware that taking the slack up with the weapon on safe was not a smart thing to do. The early or main archery season here in Pennsylvania ends this Saturday. Mr Wyvern will be getting my order soon after. Thanks again.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Is there any chance that a Triggertech booth and rep will be at the 2014 Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA. February 1-9 2014 ?

http://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
Boo

Post by Boo »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:Thank you gentlemen for your replies. I will be getting a single stage trigger. Never did like the take up before the shot. I was unaware that taking the slack up with the weapon on safe was not a smart thing to do. The early or main archery season here in Pennsylvania ends this Saturday. Mr Wyvern will be getting my order soon after. Thanks again.
Keep in mind that the first stage/pre travel swings back and for with just a minor amount of pressure of less than a pound.
TriggerTech

Post by TriggerTech »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:Is there any chance that a Triggertech booth and rep will be at the 2014 Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA. February 1-9 2014 ?

http://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/
We're going to a lot of shows in 2014 and are looking into this one as well. We hope to see you there.

TT
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Well hope the single stage trigger is a good one, cuz I have one coming in the mail as I type. Should have it today or tomorrow.
Normous

Post by Normous »

lvt01 wrote:Well hope the single stage trigger is a good one, cuz I have one coming in the mail as I type. Should have it today or tomorrow.
There is no doubt.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

That's sure good to hear. I can hardly wait to get it installed on my bow. :mrgreen:
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Hello TriggerTech Company,

If the TriggerTech Company is able to attend the 2014 Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA this February will it be possible to purchase a trigger assembly from your booth?

Thank You,
John