Crossbow trigger noise

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

Crossbow trigger noise

Post by Masboy »

When I take the cocking rope to uncock my crossbow an pull the trigger an hear a loud ping I think that is the noise I hear the most when I shoot it ? I going to check it out an if so see if I can make some kind of rubber cushing stop for the claw or something to quiet it ? mabey just the ping of the string coming off the claw? but all I know it,s loud .
taz3

Re: Crossbow trigger noise

Post by taz3 »

I get a sharp or crisp snap with Xbow. Are the claws polished? That may help too!
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Yes there all polished an I here the same sharp noise from all my bows an just think that,s most of the noise I hear when shooting them ? but sure going to check it out.
Boo

Post by Boo »

If the noise is coming from inside your trigger unit I can only think it 2 things. Either you've mixed up the screws that hold the arrow retainer (forward one is longer) or the plastic buffer that catches your latch is missing.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Thanks for the imfo Don. I will check it out but my sons equinox has never been apart or had any of my tinkering an all three seem to make the same noise an just sounds loud to me?
MJK

Post by MJK »

I hear this same noise but thought it was normal since I've never shot or decocked another crossbow and have nothing to compare it with.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I,m sure it,s just normal in most crossbows an just trying figure where most crossbow noise comes from . An from my opinion that,s not worth much it sounds like from the trigger units an not the limbs that makes the most noise when shot.but what do I know I,m just a dumb old country boy :lol: