Matrix 355 likes a heavy arrow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Matrix 355 likes a heavy arrow

Post by Carnivorous »

I have tried a few Arrow and BH combinations for my Matrix 355.

Most have grouped well but I was still in pursuit of the combo that will shoot sub 1/2" inch groups @ 40 yards.

Today I tried the newly purchased Zombie slayer arrows with green Luminocks made by Big John 323gr & the new rage x crossbow head 125g.

Total arrow weight is 448gr. I may have lost a bit of speed but WOW this combo is crazy accurate. I only had one practise head so had to pull the arrow & thread on to 4 sperate arrows & they were all shooting in the same hole!!!

I will stick with this combo the rest of the season & I am confident it will get the job done for me during the moment of truth!

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Fred T

Re: Matrix 355 likes a heavy arrow

Post by Fred T »

I recently purchsed some 320 gr Executioners from Big John.I have not had a lot of shooting time with them ,but so far with 100gr field points they easily find the bulls eye at 20 and 30yds even with my slow poke Ibex.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Fred T wrote:I recently purchsed some 320 gr Executioners from Big John.I have not had a lot of shooting time with them ,but so far with 100gr field points they easily find the bulls eye at 20 and 30yds even with my slow poke Ibex.
Assuming one takes his advice with John's arrows there's no reason anyone shouldn't get less than 1" at 50 yards from all Excaliburs. He does good work!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Zap

Post by Zap »

Nice looking arrows.
Duck or Bleed.....
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
Fred T wrote:I recently purchsed some 320 gr Executioners from Big John.I have not had a lot of shooting time with them ,but so far with 100gr field points they easily find the bulls eye at 20 and 30yds even with my slow poke Ibex.
Assuming one takes his advice with John's arrows there's no reason anyone shouldn't get less than 1" at 50 yards from all Excaliburs. He does good work!
Bought some Zombie Slayers from Big John a while back. They are beautiful arrows and shoot great! John also took the time with me before the sale to make sure I would be happy after the sale! He's a true professional.
Drew

Post by Drew »

I have to agree the 355 likes heavy arrows. I am shooting 20" zombies with brass inserts and 125 slick trick Mag's. I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 450gr and 325fps. I never expected this level of accuracy when I bought the bow. Hitting arrow holes in my bag is no issue when I do my part.
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
kitchbow

Post by kitchbow »

im shooting 18'' gold tip laser 3 ,,110 brass insert,,, lumenoks and blazers with 100gr rage crossbowx heads,,,,,,,,,,,tackdriver to say the least,,, 3 gobblers in spring a 350 lbs bear last day of aug and 3 doe all fell within sight
2011 equinox,,,,,,, twilight dlx,,,,boo string.
2013 matrix 355,,,, hha optimizer/hawke scope.
girlfriend - 2012 vixen 2,,,,,60x custom string,,,,, tact zone scope,,,, disapater bars,,,,,s5 system