Why aren't the Excalibur broadheads more popular on here?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

Why aren't the Excalibur broadheads more popular on here?

Post by bobcattrapper »

I see all kinds of threads about slicktricks,swachakers,G5 Quackouts or whatever etc.. :mrgreen: But not many folks here seem to use the boltcutters.At least the threads I been reading.I have shot and killed 2 deer so far with my new axiom and using the 150gr fixed boltcutters.Out side of a little lack of a blood trail on one they both were quick kills.I thought about using slicktricks but Danny Miller told me to stick with the boltcutters.He is the man and knows his stuff so I'm going to stick with them and stick somemore deer with them too I hope. :lol: Ok your next...So why not use the boltcutters? :shock:
taz3

Re: Why aren't the Excalibur broadheads more popular on here

Post by taz3 »

It's what I have on the end of my bolts. :D
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I killed a deer 6 yrs ago wid one, it did the job. Blood was jus drops fer 40 yds. Then it were like a facet, i sold the others i had. There not a bad BH
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

I used them when I first started shooting, they are a nice bh, very Sharp and sturdy. But I couldn't get them to group for me. I wanted a bh to fly like my fieldpoints did.I could of just set my scope up to shoot just bh's , but I wanted to shoot my Fieldpoint when I'm not hunting. The rage 125 crossbow shot great,just like my fieldpoints. And the g5 125 montecs are my favorite, killed a 375lb bear at 25 yards,complete pass thru.good luck.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

FWIW:
Many of us started out in vertical archery long before Excalibur came about and have proven broadheads we used then and continue to use now.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

My local dealer sells GT2;s and they have 110 grain brass up front. Add on another 150 grains and that would be 260 grains up front. Likely a little to much up front for my liking. that's my reason why I don't. would make my arrows way heavier.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Xbowkiller wrote:My local dealer sells GT2;s and they have 110 grain brass up front. Add on another 150 grains and that would be 260 grains up front. Likely a little to much up front for my liking. that's my reason why I don't. would make my arrows way heavier.
For correct foc, you use a heavy insert up front or a heavy broadhead and not both.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

They shot great for me an a good head but cost more than magnus an slicktricks an no heads are tuffer or shoot better than the tricks for me. an the Magnus stingers out penetrate any I have shot with great acurracy just not as tuff as the tricks an both are real deer killers.
WithinMyRange

Post by WithinMyRange »

What about the Excalibur X-Act mechanical head. I haven't heard a thing about them on here. I've read a lot about other mechanicals.
Who has the scoop on this head?
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

The bolt cutter is a good head well made and tuff but I prefer the slick trick 175 grain for several reasons they are cheaper in price,a 4 blade head with more cutting length, and the heavyer head gives me good Foc with out brass incerts.slick tricks also are really durabal After harvesting a deer I just but in new baldes and I am ready to rock.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

WithinMyRange wrote:What about the Excalibur X-Act mechanical head. I haven't heard a thing about them on here. I've read a lot about other mechanicals.
Who has the scoop on this head?

I have used both the x-act and the boltcutters. both are good heads. I stopped using the boltcutter because of its dia, and the 150g. I stopped using the x-act because I ran out of them and then went to the G5 1.5" fixed cut. The 'yote and deer I shot with the x-actz died toot-sweet. within 40 yards.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Aero320

Post by Aero320 »

I lost two deer this year with X-Act expandable broad heads. It was late and blood trails were not real good. Switched to Hammerhead 100s with 2" cutting circle and watched the next three deer drop 40 yards from stand. Maybe I need to be a better shot.
Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Flemish Dyna String
Gold Tip Laser III's
Easton 2117 w/Brass Inserts
Rocket Hammerheads (100g.)
Slick Tricks
X-Act Mechanicals
Leupold Vendetta
kingsdad

Post by kingsdad »

Hi, I'm getting an Axiom SMF bow,at Cabellas, and will need broadheads, probably boltcutters @ 150 grains. However, what grain are the field points? I've seen answers from 100 to 150 grain in forums, very confusing, more specifically, does it matter if sighted in with field points? Getting the bow for mulies in saskatchewan, so any help in selecting broadheads with the FireBolt arrows I was going to get would be Much appreciated, regards,Guy. Any other tips/needed items/combos would also be appreciated.
strum

Post by strum »

kingsdad wrote:Hi, I'm getting an Axiom SMF bow,at Cabellas, and will need broadheads, probably boltcutters @ 150 grains. However, what grain are the field points? I've seen answers from 100 to 150 grain in forums, very confusing, more specifically, does it matter if sighted in with field points? Getting the bow for mulies in saskatchewan, so any help in selecting broadheads with the FireBolt arrows I was going to get would be Much appreciated, regards,Guy. Any other tips/needed items/combos would also be appreciated.
not sure what weight Ft comes with your kit. but if you going with the150 gr
boltcutter you need a 150gr Ft to sight it in. that said you certainly will want to shoot those B cutters before hunting.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

The fieldpoints are 150. The axiom was my first one,still have it to. Your going to love it. Very light and a tack driver too.post pic when you get something with It.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.