Trigger tech mounting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Aero320

Trigger tech mounting

Post by Aero320 »

My Trigger Tech Hunter trigger assembly and the red trigger arrived Friday. Excellent product. I ran into a problem when I tried to remove the scope mount. The scope mount is held on with four Allen head screws. I was able to get two out but not the other two, the Allen sockets stripped out. I ended up taking a grinder to the two stripped out screws. You have to remove the scope mount from the old trigger in order to remove the spring that holds the arrow down. I ordered a new scope mount. You need to try to remove the four screws beforehand to see if you can remove them. If one or more cannot be removed, you will need to order a new scope mount.

The Trigger Tech is a very good addition to your Excalibur.
Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Flemish Dyna String
Gold Tip Laser III's
Easton 2117 w/Brass Inserts
Rocket Hammerheads (100g.)
Slick Tricks
X-Act Mechanicals
Leupold Vendetta
flightattendant100

Re: Trigger tech mounting

Post by flightattendant100 »

Take a Dremel tool with a cut off wheel and cut a slot for a slot screw driver in the stuck screws. Now you can get them out. You have only sacrificed a screw, not the mount.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I take a magnetic Allen bit and beat it into the socket (scope removed).That ensures full engagement and helps to break the loctite bond. Haven't had any more problems since. I converted Danny Miller and he's not had a stripped allen since.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Lots of guys having trouble with the tiny allen head 8-32 screws. I removed them from my Equinox with some luck they all came out without a hitch.

I took out the same 4 each screws out of my Matrix 355. One came out perfectly and the other 3 had to be drilled out. I saved my scope mount without any marks. Excalibur's selection of tiny allen head screws are far too small for the shank size.

I installed #20 torx head 8-32 screws. This will offer ease removal in the future.

Danny Miller will also remove these stubborn screws for free just mail off your scope trigger unit. He offers 2 days turnaround in the U.S.A.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

Heating the heads up with a mini blowtorch helps to break the seal
bowman81

Post by bowman81 »

Sometimes putting a hot soldering iron on the screw head will do the trick....before you round off the allen socket.
Aero320

Post by Aero320 »

UPDATE: Stopped by Bass Pro this afternoon and purchased a new scope mount. Everything is back together and working correctly.
Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Flemish Dyna String
Gold Tip Laser III's
Easton 2117 w/Brass Inserts
Rocket Hammerheads (100g.)
Slick Tricks
X-Act Mechanicals
Leupold Vendetta
strum

Post by strum »

Boo showed me the 1/4" allen tip trick and since then I never ever even try using the regular allen wrench..
not had a problem since..
glad you got your bow back together and shooting no go kill somthing :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Aero320 wrote:UPDATE: Stopped by Bass Pro this afternoon and purchased a new scope mount. Everything is back together and working correctly.
Why did you need a new scope mount?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads