Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

Re: What is your Favorite Camo?

Post by Masboy »

Any camo an sometimes none when hunting high. Irish setters ,muckboots
cevans

Post by cevans »

Realtree type camos is ok when the leaves are still on the trees,,but I still go back to my old camo of tree bark gortex when its cold..besides,,,it isn't the camo that gets the deer..its how you hunt. You can wear blue jeans in a tree stand and kill a deer if you hunt with stealth and not get busted. For overshoes in the cold..try Neos overshoes. I have a pair of Neos Navigator 5's good to -20 that I wear over light hiking shoes..they even fit snowshoes when I am backpacking in the snow. Also have a 5" gator on top of them that keeps snow out up to the knees. Its a beater.

http://www.overshoesonline.com/n5p3/NEO ... ershoe.htm
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

I do have a pair of Muck boots. Wear them when in marshy areas only. Prefer insulated logger boots for the ankle support and also is easier to use my climber with the loggers versus the Mucks. :wink:
As far as camo goes...Im a kinda mix match dont care type. I love my green wool bibs. 8) Also love my blue insulated Carharts,whish are hard to beat when you have to walk through briars to get to your stand. :)
Early season all I wear are army surplus woodland camo pants and sometimes green flannel shirt. Cheap. As money is always an issue. :roll: Works for me. :wink: Always get @ least one for the freezer no matter what Im wearing. Dont think the deer care. :wink:
Good luck and be safe, :)
tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
Yuke

Post by Yuke »

I agree with most that the camo pattern does not matter all that much. For most of my life I couldnt afford special hunting clothes. I shot deer in blue jeans and a surplus army jacket. But now that I am older I bought some high quality hunting clothes and it has made all the difference for my old body staying comfortable. I bought a bunch of Badlands clothing in Realtree Ap HD and I must say I love it. I stay warm and dry no matter what the weather does and I am able to stay in my stand longer with less moving around. Best part was I got it all at 45 to 65 percent off retail at Camofire. I even picked up a sweet day pack at a great price. Not a must have but it sure makes my hunts more enjoyable. I can head out in the morning before sunrise and not come back to the house until after dark!
Phoenix
TruGlo Dual Color 4 Dot Sight
FireBolt Carbons/Lumenocks
Magnum Slick Trick 150's
S5's
FF String