Built in Rangefinders!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Yuke

Built in Rangefinders!

Post by Yuke »

I don't know what it is, but the shooter bucks in my neck of the woods seem to have rangefinders. They come in to 60yrds, stand broadside then wander off! The 4 pt and smaller ones come within 25yrds. I think I'm going to have to try and sight my Phoenix in for 60 or break down and buy that Matrix 380! I know 60 yards is a stretch. Just venting a little buck fever frustration here.
Phoenix
TruGlo Dual Color 4 Dot Sight
FireBolt Carbons/Lumenocks
Magnum Slick Trick 150's
S5's
FF String
Yuke

Re: Built in Rangefinders!

Post by Yuke »

Just had the 8 Pointer I want within 40 yards but he would not stop moving. I'm not confident enough to shoot a moving deer at that range. If he only paused for a second I'd have let it fly! Going to code blue him tomorrow so maybe he will stop to take a sniff. I've only got until this Saturday. Thats the last day before rifle season on December 2nd. I missed him once last month when my Firebolt deflected off a small tree branch. I hope his luck runs out sooner than mine. Thx for the advice xcaliber.
Phoenix
Magnum Slick Trick 150's
S5's
FF String
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Hang in their it will happen that is archery and what it is all about getting close and personal with the game.
I would not recomend taking shots over 35 yards.
The thing about all the sightings that do not pan out makes the one that does that much sweeter.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Yuke

Post by Yuke »

Thought you all might find this amusing. Jumped on the 4whlr, and rode to my hunting area. The 8 point I've been chasing was waiting for me at my usual parking spot. He was there with a small doe. Had a stare down with him for several minutes before he went off into the woods. It's no wonder I love this sport!
Phoenix
Magnum Slick Trick 150's
S5's
FF String