Replacement Pads for R.E.D.S.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gmen

Replacement Pads for R.E.D.S.

Post by Gmen »

I have a Matrix 355 with the R.E.D.S. One of the pads is split in the seam and split on the end. The other is in great shape. Why the difference, I don't know. I have searched everywhere trying to find replacement pads. Anyone able to help me? Thanks.
Onetimeonly x-->

Re: Replacement Pads for R.E.D.S.

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

I believe they are the same as the S5's bumpers. Lining up the seam with the string will cause the bumper to split.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Bones

Post by Bones »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:I believe they are the same as the S5's bumpers. Lining up the seam with the string will cause the bumper to split.
Yes I've replaced the reds with S5 bumper's on my 380 ...same thing.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

When you have the pads off, grind/belt sand about one third of the aluminum ball off. Replace pads and squirt some electrical silicone inside. The silicone makes it easy to turn them all the time and also acts as a hydraulic to lessen impact. We use electrical silicone because it does not melt in heat.

Instructionsfor grinding ball is also found on Boo's website. It will save you replacing pads $$$.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

yes, sorry electrical grease is what we use.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Gmen wrote:I have a Matrix 355 with the R.E.D.S. One of the pads is split in the seam and split on the end. The other is in great shape. Why the difference, I don't know. I have searched everywhere trying to find replacement pads. Anyone able to help me? Thanks.
Call Danny Miller @ (740) 483-2312, he sells his version of the R.E.D.S. (Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers) for $25. I have them on my Matrix 355 and these pads last and last

Danny's whole system are just a little bit higher in price compared to Excalibur's replacement R.E.D.S./S5 pads. It wouldn't hurt to give them a try. Danny's pads are Norway String Tamer Rubber Stoppers. He also provides stainless steel set screws.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's