most popular moultrie camera

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

most popular moultrie camera

Post by agingcrossbower »

It seems Moultrie comes up quit a bit on here. Which one do you guys and gals like the best? I have a friend that wants to buy one or several for next year fairly cheap and I said I'd ask people in the know what they thought. Thanks of any and all input on this. Aging :D
steve

Re: most popular moultrie camera

Post by steve »

Moultrie or any other brand, I'd pick one that takes AA batteries. They tend to be smaller and the batteries last longer.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Mike I like the i-40's for the money, trail cams have come a long ways I like my moultries and have a number of them some 4 and 5yrs old, when not in use take the bats out in case 1 starts to leak.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
NFH

Post by NFH »

I have a M-990i mini cam and a D-555i wide angle cam. Both are No Glow infared models. That is the one and only similarity between the two and the main reason I chose each of these models. The 990 is a great camera, taking good pictures day or night. The 555 on the other hand I would not recommend. The wide angle lens makes it where you cannot get good detail in your pictures. It has a huge field of view but unless the deer is 5ft from your camera you cannot tell whether its a yearling or mature doe / 4pt buck or a 8 pt. The wide angle makes everything look farther away. If you zoom in on the photo it just gets blurry.
Micro 335 Nightmare
Vortex XBR
Trigger Tech 2 stage
Flemish strings
Doc Miller RBBBs
SSA Spynal Tapps
SlickTricks
Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor
Alahunter

Post by Alahunter »

I bought a 555 this year as well and I have the same problem with the wide-angle pictures. When I try to view the pictures on the small viewer on camera I am squinting my eyes and it is frustrating. I have to maximize the pics to full screen on the laptop to see detail of deer. So I wouldn't recommend it either.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Have an older I-40,an M-80, an I45 and a 333 I think. I really like the M-80. Runs about 9 months on "AA" batteries.Takes good pics and is easy to set up and use.
Fatboyxc

Post by Fatboyxc »

I have 2 M-80 & like them very much. The picture quality is great & the batteries last a long time (8 -AA's) will last most of the season.
Growing Old.....Standard
Growing Up.....Optional

Just the toys are more expensive!