Just Testing The Waters...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: Just Testing The Waters...

Post by wheelie »

strum wrote:
wheelie wrote:I would keep the Ibex and buy a #225. Nice to have some power sometimes buy not for fun shooting. Think you will be sorry when you end up with just a heavy weight bow. Better off getting a good scope for your Ibex.
i think wheelie is a blend of me and shucks. kind of a "awestucks" 8)
I kinda like "awsum" :wink: :lol:
cevans

Post by cevans »

If your not in a big hurry,,why don't you wait till after all the 2014 new bows have been out. I am betting you can pick up a 225 at about half price of the price of the bow now...as everybody will want a smaller lighter maybe even faster crossbow than the older models. I am perfectly happy with my Exomax for stalking in brushy hill country, and stand hunting and have taken 5 deer with it in the last couple of years. I know how you feel on decisions, but for me, all good things comes to those that wait. :)
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

strum wrote:JP I need a credit card no. :lol: :lol: :lol:
When JP gives up a card # order me one to Stan and I come pick it up :lol:
380 Blackout, Don't forget now :wink:
Thanks in advance JP
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

Just as cevans wrote, wait til someone wants to let go a 225 in good shape. I believe I can get a new bare nox' for $640, so maybe there's one out there a little cheaper...this way I keep my munch & strings.

Does the Nox' come with the S5 & D-bars from factory?
Nox & Max, Xcaliber Strings, Vixenmaster Strings, Dynaflight String, Munch Mounts, S5's, Nikon Bolt XRs, VPAs & Montecs, Big John Custom & 2216 Arrows
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

"Does the Nox' come with the S5 & D-bars from factory?"...yes it does.

I bought my 2011 Equinox for its flatter trajectory to shoot 3D year round. I am 5"10" and will be 60 in January. No problems, no regrets. When I am not at a tournaments I am on the range practicing. I do go through servings but that is after many many tournaments and practice sessions. Its no big deal to reserve and I am also rotating the same 4 strings for years now (all stretched ready to go).

I was thinking of a matrix, and had a long talk to Don/Boo about this, but decided not to because of the stiffer (higher poundage) and shorter limbs causing more stress on the serving when cocked.

Just my 2 cents.....
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

Yeah, keeping my strings and scope is important, hard to beat that Nikon glass...
Guess if anyone wants to play musical excals in the off season, let me know if your let'n go a nox' for a matrix...
Nox & Max, Xcaliber Strings, Vixenmaster Strings, Dynaflight String, Munch Mounts, S5's, Nikon Bolt XRs, VPAs & Montecs, Big John Custom & 2216 Arrows
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

I have read where the 200s are happy medium. I'm still keeping all options open.