this is the DEADLIEST braadhead made!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

Re: this is the DEADLIEST braadhead made!!!

Post by strum »

i have to say I don't know much about this head. really I don't know anything :lol:
what I do know is that is one of the coolest looking heads I ever seen ..and if I wasn't such a slick trick fan I may even try em. that's for the input guys :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

That blade sure does a whole lot of cutting as it penetrates. There will be a heck of a lot of blood vessel damage. Also, the wound channel would be much less able to pinch down and seal itself.

I do wonder about penetration, though. As I said, it sure would be doing a whole lot of cutting as it penetrated.

As far as whistling is concerned, I wouldn't care much if it whistled, hummed, or sang opera. If it's being shot from a reasonable range, it won't matter as long as it's from a modern crossbow of reasonable power and speed.

Keep us informed of your success with that broadhead. I like what I currently use, but if there is a clear and definite improvement available, I want to use the most ethical equipment I can.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

What bow are you shooting them out of?

I'm not familiar with this b/h. I just googled a pic and they look like they cut like a mofo, but may be prone to planing?

I like the idea behind the design
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Interesting radically different design.It was part of this group test and not surpringly did well in the hemorrhage bag test.
http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/2013/08/23 ... hage-bags/

http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/2013/07/29 ... eet-metal/

http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/2013/07/17 ... -concrete/
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

No brainer there, but bags don't have bones! More cutting surface means more drag on the way through.

My first though when I saw this BH for the first time was how in the hell would one sharpen it???? :oops:
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Interesting head! does it shoot same POI as field point or do you need to buy new target to sight in!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Here's a related video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSGnegcDXhc

If they came out with a 1 inch, 125 grain design, I might well be interested...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

interesting video! only ever seen the water jug test!
vixen 11
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I had the opportunity to extensively the Toxic BH before they were readily available Their flight was same as 100gr field tips. accuracy was great, shot to same point of impact out to 40yds. Penetration was great Punched through a 900lb steer carcass from 25yds with no problem, that was doing 329FPS mounted on GT Laser III Pro arrows with 2" vanes. Never heard any wind noise like whistling, etc. NO drifting or wandering off course when shooting. Shot a couple into the front shoulder area of a steer and the BH smashed through the bones with not adverse affect to the BH just some dulling of the cutting edge. I didn't feel it was dulled enough to replace the cutting spiral. The wound channel through a deer and the steer was dang near big enough to see through,
The down side is they are really tough on targets and I could not come up with a good way to sharpen the spiral blades.
In my opinion it is a very good broadhead! But.... that's just my personal opinion after testing and using them on a few deer this fall

Here's link to my previous posting about these BH's.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=49780
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
tradshooter

Post by tradshooter »

This is starting to sound like a sales pitch..... if the wheel turns why replace it? I have heard so much about broad heads I think about what works for me. Every one on here has their choice of broad head and they have perfected their shot to a certain distance that they are more than confident that it will drop an animal.

Like has been said every one is happy you found a broad head that works for you!!!! Congrats!!!! you are half way there. Now just spend the time out in the bush and get a deer or critter and post pics!!!!! have fun!!!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

any body got a pic of a animal that was taken with one!
vixen 11
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

My stupid color blindness makes tracking deer a real b....
Can't see red mixed with green. The only blood trail I can see is one like the pic I posted two weeks ago with my deer dead on a frozen creek.

I'm always searching for the next broadhead that's going to help me see a blood trail. And the mechanicals I've tried are crap.

And there is alot of guys like me
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

Watch the video on YouTube for Swhacker broadheads, they test a bunch of different types including Rage, it's real and there is no argument that Swhacker makes a product that outperforms all the rest it was tested against. I shot a doe last weekend and it was the biggest blood trail I've ever seen in 10 years of hunting. But I will say I got her right behind the shoulder and only 18 yards away so I think any broadhead would have put that deer down with that shot
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Those videos are why I bought some Swhackers to begin with. Hard to argue with the high speed video showing how the Swhacker went through the steel drum unscathed and even penetrated the other side while such "great" BH's a Rage and most others lost blades on the way through, etc.

The angled plywood test was an eye opener too!
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

mr meat wrote:any body got a pic of a animal that was taken with one!

There's pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/FlyingArrowArchery

Some impressive kills with the broadhead.

As I posted before I think they are real good broadheads but if you're pleased with what you're using, then why switch. I like ST 100gr Mags and have no intention of switching to any other broadhead. If I use up my supply of ST's then I might switch to Toxic, but for now I've got plenty of ST's to last for a few years!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!