this is the DEADLIEST braadhead made!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tjbadger

Re: this is the DEADLIEST braadhead made!!!

Post by tjbadger »

Paulaboutform, l am very interested with the results of your toxic broad heads on those tough Russian boars. Did you get a complete pass through on those big boars? I am thinking of trying some. Thanks for sharing and posting your in the field results as well as the rest of the replays on this thread. I am learning a great amount of knowledge from the Excalibur form.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

IronNoggin wrote:... If they came out with a 1 inch, 125 grain design, I might well be interested...
Just received Confirmation from Flying Arrow Archery that their new 2014 line up WILL include a 1 inch diameter, 125 grain Toxic head.

Methinks I will simply have to give that one a try... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

Ok, Northwoods Archery has done some consistent penetration testing of the more popular heads out there. Recently they did the Toxic and the link is below. Granted they shot not from Crossbows and what we hunt is not ballistic gel or plywood, but the results are still interesting to myself. But I also say find what works best for you and your set-up, doesn't leave you guessing in the woods if it will preform or not and go with it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kKwkWykhFg8

Swhacker here. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=53SkJB2ID2c

Qad Exodus here. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zBofh0d8ETA

All of them here. http://m.youtube.com/results?q=north%20 ... 20test&sm=
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

ok, abc 125 grains one and eighth inch are the best , cheap ta boot. no comments please :lol: i was looking at the toxic broadhead, it looks like it can do some damage, i want to hear a little more kill results before i buy. :)
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

I watched a YouTube video of a dude hunting with his daughter and using the Toxic BH. It may have been one of the links posted, I didn't use them. Anyway, he shot a doe with it. The deer went a pretty good distance into the woods and he was wading around trying to lay eyes on the deer because he apparently could not find or did not see a blood trail. The daughter was taking the video and stumbled upon some blood and the dad came back to get on it and said "good eyes"!

I must say that the blood trail on this video was nothing to right home about in the least bit! Same old story to me: if you double lung a deer mid chest high they will do 75-99% of the bleeding into the chest cavity, not onto the ground, no matter the BH.

The shooting of milk jugs filled with red water isn't what happens to an animal when hit. The jug empties from gravity because the level of the red water is higher than the entry and exit hole. Animals aren't "full to the brim" with blood!!! 8) Unless the hit is low on one side or the other where gravitationally pooling blood gets sprayed out from breathing or bounding away, said gravity will cause a darn good portion to most of the blood to settle in the bottom of the chest cavity, identical to what happened with the buck I shot last month: no blood trail!
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

I used the Toxic this season and like it, maybe because it looks so nasty. First kill was a doe shot from 23 yards. Saw her fall 40 yds. away. Was not much of a blood trail, all the blood was inside. Second kill was a button buck at 18 yds. Saw him fall 35 yds. away. Again, not much blood on the ground. In both cases, it cut through rib bones on the entrance and exit. The blades don't seem to be steel, but aluminum, I could not find any mention of what they are made from on their web site. On both kills one or two of the blades were slightly bent, and were replaced. I used the Wasp heads that came in the Right Stuff pkg. for 2-3 years and liked them. I tried Slick Tricks and like them too. All three have done the job.

The Toxic does fly like a field point, but so does the Wasp and Slick Trick. I shot ONE Toxic just to check its POI and it was spot-on. Won't do that again!

The Toxic guys have a new one made for crossbows called the Cyclone. Saw an ad for it in some huntin' magazine. It's a 125 grain and looks like they removed every other blade, so it has 3 cutting surfaces vs. the 6 on the toxic. Seems it would spin more from the looks of it.

I have enough broadheads on hand that unless I kill a bunch I won't have to buy broadheads for a long time. Unless, I just want to.
Last edited by Sopchoppy on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Agreed the milk jug test may not be indicative of real blood trails it does show the size of the entrance wound.Assuming good shot placement and despite lack of blood trails if a certain BH is in fact doing more internal damage I would think that should result in shorter recovery distances.I recently purchased some ST mags but may also try these for spring turkey.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I found that if you use the right broadhead and make the right shot, then the bloodtrail and the dead deer are "one and the same".
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I wish I knew of a broadhead that would leave a great blood trail every time with every shot. but that never happens all the time for me with any of the many heads I,ve shot so I go for accuracy an penetration with a razer sharp head an that,s the best I know how to do :? I think a good tuff,sharp,accurate head is all you can ask for :?: I just never found that perfect head yet an doubt I ever will :?
there,s a lot of great heads out there an I would hate to say that one is the best an have no ideal how you could tell :?:
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

one shot scott wrote:What bow are you shooting them out of?

I'm not familiar with this b/h. I just googled a pic and they look like they cut like a mofo, but may be prone to planing?

I like the idea behind the design
I was shooting it out of an Exomax 225 and won't hesitate shoot it out of my Matrix 380.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

strum wrote:i have to say I don't know much about this head. really I don't know anything :lol:
what I do know is that is one of the coolest looking heads I ever seen ..and if I wasn't such a slick trick fan I may even try em. that's for the input guys :D
I'm with you on the slick tricks...until the toxic they were the most effective but I shot
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

sumner4991 wrote:I found that if you use the right broadhead and make the right shot, then the bloodtrail and the dead deer are "one and the same".
That's a nice sentiment but with all due respect, it's my humble opinion that if you were to make identically placed shots with any broadband and a toxic, the toxic will make it reader faster! Lol...seriously though, even my old friend who is not an archer but is an outfitter and guided hundreds of bow shooters conceded that he was very impressed with my 'crazy looking heads' and has never seen anything like them. All 3 of my hogs sprayed blood from where I shot them to where they died.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Masboy wrote:I wish I knew of a broadhead that would leave a great blood trail every time with every shot. but that never happens all the time for me with any of the many heads I,ve shot so I go for accuracy an penetration with a razer sharp head an that,s the best I know how to do :? I think a good tuff,sharp,accurate head is all you can ask for :?: I just never found that perfect head yet an doubt I ever will :?
there,s a lot of great heads out there an I would hate to say that one is the best an have no ideal how you could tell :?:

X 1,000 !!!!!! At least half of the deer that I've double lunged with a complete pass through left no (discernible) blood trail at all to only a few drops every 5-10 yards, even though they were stone cold dead in 5-10 seconds! All the bleeding was internal, big gaping hole or not. It's a little presumptuous to state that any BH will ALWAYS leave a great blood trail (let alone any blood trail) or worse yet that any would kill the animal where it stood!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Lake shooter wrote:
Masboy wrote:I wish I knew of a broadhead that would leave a great blood trail every time with every shot. but that never happens all the time for me with any of the many heads I,ve shot so I go for accuracy an penetration with a razer sharp head an that,s the best I know how to do :? I think a good tuff,sharp,accurate head is all you can ask for :?: I just never found that perfect head yet an doubt I ever will :?

X 1,000 !!!!!! At least half of the deer that I've double lunged with a complete pass through left no (discernible) blood trail at all to only a few drops every 5-10 yards, even though they were stone cold dead in 5-10 seconds! All the bleeding was internal, big gaping hole or not. It's a little presumptuous to state that any BH will ALWAYS leave a great blood trail (let alone any blood trail) or worse yet that any would kill the animal where it stood!
Oh my gosh!!!! I feel like the poor dead horse keeps getting beaten! I'm agreeing with the point you're all trying to make about different broadheads and big gaping holes and different blood trails or lack thereof. Now I'm saying I agree with you all, BUT, all things being equal the toxic will out perform them all. So yes, a high double lung pass through, my money's on the toxic over every other Bh. Dead deer with any of the bh's but I believe the toxic gives a better blood trail. My experience is just that, MY EXPERIENCE! It's not someone's opinion on some forum somewhere who's talking about their buddy's friend who heard something about the toxics. Don't take my word blindly because you have no idea who I am or what my abilities or hunting experience are. Rather, as i did, look at the concept of the toxic, pick up a pack and see how it shoots, and if you like how it flies try it in the field. Just remember, I'm not saying they're magical, it's still up to you to put it in the boiler room.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

paulaboutform wrote:
sumner4991 wrote:I found that if you use the right broadhead and make the right shot, then the bloodtrail and the dead deer are "one and the same".
That's a nice sentiment but with all due respect, it's my humble opinion that if you were to make identically placed shots with any broadband and a toxic, the toxic will make it reader faster! Lol...seriously though, even my old friend who is not an archer but is an outfitter and guided hundreds of bow shooters conceded that he was very impressed with my 'crazy looking heads' and has never seen anything like them. All 3 of my hogs sprayed blood from where I shot them to where they died.
I'm not saying anything bad about the toxic . . .I just think that we kill via blood loss. I personally like a broadhead that delivers the biggest cut. I figure that all things equal, then the broadhead that does the most cutting will drop the animal faster.

I would perfer a 2" cut Toxic over a 1" cut Toxic.

Bigger really is better.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen