need a new target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

captbo

need a new target

Post by captbo »

Hello all I just made the move so to speak from conventional archery tackle to a M 380 X I need a new target capable of stopping these bolts and easy to remove them one they have made impact ! Thanks B
vixenmaster

Re: need a new target

Post by vixenmaster »

A Rhinehart Raptor Bag fer field pts may work fer you. Thats a hard hittin model you gotstid
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

As Vixenmaster mentioned, a Rhinehart target would be the way to go, and the standard 18-1 is a good start but they have other equally impressive targets as well. Guaranteed to last a year regardless of the damage you try to inflict.

As far an arrow shot from a M380 being easy to remove, think "Danny Miller arrow puller". Best money you will ever spend and it will make your target shooting a breeze instead of a blister creating, arrow breaking nightmare. Give the master a call @ 740 483 2312. They also make a fine stocking stuffer "hint" "hint" :D
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Point man

Post by Point man »

The Block has treated me well. Not sure what would be considered easy to pull though. Stopping means friction
vhntr1

Post by vhntr1 »

You need to take a look at the spyderweb target two finger pull and last about forever ,iv been useing mine for two years with field tips.I use a rinehart broad head target with a replaceable center core for my broadhead use.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

"Sportsman Guide" has had some of the Rinehart seconds on sale recently ( right after I bought a non-second ) :lol: Might be worth looking at.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

18-1
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

x2 for the spyderweb target for field tips. the arrows shot from my matrix 355 go in about 5-6" or so is all and extremely easy removal. I don't have much experience with a broadhead target cuz I use mechanical broadheads and shoot the practice blades
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Dan/kingfish

Post by Dan/kingfish »

I've heard great things about the Rhinehart but haven't shot at one, I went with Spiderweb for easy arrow removal but for field points only. I shoot a 380 with custom string and arrows with 150 gr points so it is really traveling with some punch when it hits the target, no problems with the Spiderweb. I am considering a 18-1 from Rhinehart for broadheads.
captbo

Post by captbo »

Thanks all ! next on the list is a sling!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

It amazes me. We've put a man/men on the moon, but still need two targets to cover both field points and b-heads, lol.

I use an 18-1 and Morrel bag targets. As to the 18-1, I used to use GT arrows and had one 18-1 that would not let me pull the arrows. Had a buddy try to help, they would not pull out. I was using a Danny puller to boot.

Called Rinehart, consensus was I got a 'bad compostion', returned it to them, got another, and all was well.
"Eze 18:21"
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

One word... RINEHART! Expensive, but well worth the money... Also, if you are on a tight budget, look for Rinehart dealers. They will also carry the factory seconds/blemished and you can get them at a lower cost. I got mine for $95, regular price was $130, just had a couple gouges in it...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I have the Rinehart Rhino block, I really like it, I personally did not like the shape of the 18/1 and prefer a block style, but that just me.

I also followed Don's lead and picked up a Rag bag by Third hand Archery, just stuff it with clothing or screening and voila a target which you can pull out arrows with two fingers.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone