O.T. Gander Mountain going anti hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaGriz

O.T. Gander Mountain going anti hunting

Post by DaGriz »

Got this from Snowbelt Outfitters:

"I received this message below on email from my brother Steve (Maina). It was sent directly to him by the author of the email. My wife called Gander Mountain to verify the story and they confirmed: Removing of ALL mounts is a company wide decision. This obviously appears to be an anti-hunting statement coming directly from the head of the organization. I encourage you to contact Gander Mountain and let them know how you feel. Please share this information with your hunting and fishing friends. (Below is the message my brother received regarding 'mounts' being taken down at Gander Mountain. While we do not know the official 'reason' this is what the employee at GM shared with my bother's friend). "Went to Duluth Saturday with the wife Christmas shopping. Stopped at Gander Mountain- the we live the outdoors store. I wandered back to the gun section to check on ammo. I look up on the wall for my Caribou mount & all the mounts are gone off the wall. I ask a sales guy where is my mount. He says let me call a supervisor. A young man comes in a couple minutes & I ask him. He says they were supposed to call every one with mounts in the store. I said no one called me. He explained that the Duluth store was going to be remodeled in February. All the mounts were taken down & would not be put back up. He said the CEO's wife did not want to see dead animals on the walls any more at Gander Mountain. I told the guy I would be up to get my mount & would never shop there again."
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Fred T

Re: O.T. Gander Mountain going anti hunting

Post by Fred T »

Kind of like Wendy's going with an all vegitarian menu.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
mndoggie

Post by mndoggie »

That's is a big rumor and it has been going around for years.

GM is not anti-hunting. (excepty maybe for the prices they charge... :mrgreen: )

There was a reason they removed the mounts.

Look here for more info.

http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=294034
(apparently the person who posted teh rumor is sponsored by Bass Pro....)

Here's a post from 2009 that claims they are taking the mounts down, if that is indeed true, a person would think they could have finished by 4 years later....

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?topic=152249.0
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I will have to call BS to this rumor. Next we will hear the same thing about Cabela's.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I live 6 miles from a Gander Mountain and I refuse to shop there with their uneducated staff and outrageous pricing. No loss for me. I hope they dry up and whither away.

I travel over 200 miles to the nearest Cabelas or Scheels which is another 30 miles further.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's