Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: phasing them out ?

Post by wheelie »

:D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I can't say i knowed much about the resale value of used Excals. I did sell almost a new E'max fer jus over $500 wid few extra strings & i paid shippin. I tried to sell an older E'cet 165 & a carved tip limbed Vixen here jus a month or so back. I couldn't even sell them fer close to what i had in them. I ain't givin them away, i will kill a few deer n hogs wid'em
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

strum wrote:the thing that sold me on Excalibur bows is the simplicity of their design..
that's why you can still shoot an old exomag or wolverine or any of their fist run bows..and that's why our long limbers will last for a long long time.. :D
so even if the price of them drops a little they will be there when all the hortons etc are worn out.
good stuff to chat about though..
and Wheelie is a wanker :lol: :lol: :lol:
I dont know what a wanker is...... but Wheelie may be one! :lol: :lol: Sorry, Kevin it was toooo easy.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

One of my friends bought a new Equinox for himself for Christmas last year and I tried to get him to hold out for a Matrix. I bought my Matrix and he had to have one. He just recently sold his Equinox for $525.00 without the scope, he took a hard hit because I know he gave close to $850.00 for the Nox last year. He bought a Matrix 355 from Danny and he loves it of course.I hope the older Excals hold their value but with these newer models I really don't see how they can.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
strum

Post by strum »

flightattendant100 wrote:
strum wrote:the thing that sold me on Excalibur bows is the simplicity of their design..
that's why you can still shoot an old exomag or wolverine or any of their fist run bows..and that's why our long limbers will last for a long long time.. :D
so even if the price of them drops a little they will be there when all the hortons etc are worn out.
good stuff to chat about though..
and Wheelie is a wanker :lol: :lol: :lol:
I dont know what a wanker is...... but Wheelie may be one! :lol: :lol: Sorry, Kevin it was toooo easy.
im not sure what one is either :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Sounds like someone who plays with their meat! Oppies never mind. Didn't realize you were talking about me. :oops: :wink:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelie wrote:Sounds like someone who plays with their meat! Oppies never mind. Didn't realize you were talking about me. :oops: :wink:
:shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Fullquiver

Post by Fullquiver »

Right now over on AT there is an almost new Pheonix for $425 with extra strings and all. Very good deal for someone who wants to get into a new bow or for someone who wants a bow for a guest or spouse to hunt with. I bought my Axiom used this fall on AT for $250 everything but the scope came with it.

I definitely believe that the older wider bows will have to drop in price as people switch over to the Matrix series of bows. Looks like they already are to some extent.
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
ranger

Post by ranger »

Maybe i'll find a good price on a Vortex now and then I'll be done with wide bows.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
McLakin

Post by McLakin »

When I was shopping for a crossbow last year I was stuck for choice until the archery shop said whichever excal you buy you won't wish you chose a different model.

I will be sticking with my solid equinox but congratulations to excalibur for bringing out such great new compact bows a 330 seems like the perfect choice.

In the future I do hope they don't end up going all space age looking like all the other bow companies.
*2013 Equinox
Guardian ADF, Flemish String, Tac-Pac, Excal Sling, Excal Sighting Level, Excal Case, Lumenoks.
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

u can buy the matrix 330 with lite stuff package for $770 new if excal news letter is correct :shock:
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
Excalibur

Post by Excalibur »

snuffbox wrote:Be very interesting to see what the Vixen and Ibex get replaced with.
Vixen, Ibex and Axiom and all the Matrix models are in the 2014 catalog
NRA Life Member
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Boo wrote:
colouredchameleon wrote:Will be interesting to see if support for the older models starts to be phase out as well.
Time will tell
Well they won't pull a Bowtech that's for sure!
Other than fasteners the limbs are the only part that you would need and Excalibur will be making them for the SMF bow for while to come.
I hope they don't now! Bowtech now owns Excalibur! Hmmm!
Actually the company that own's Bowtech just bought Excalibur.
The SMF bows are very important to Excalibur sales so there is no intention to eliminate that series some time soon.
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:We'll see! I can't imagine two different philosophies from the "Corporate" figure heads. The money tells the company what to do! I remember the Rock, then the Rock 2, and many other models changing, or disappearing. Weeks to get parts, etc. Time will tell, that is for sure! Excalibur has a high mark on their customer service, and that is probably their best selling point. I imagine Bill has stated this many times, and the people upstairs at the new head office have done their homework too. Might be a change in the whole landscape of both companies, and that might be a good thing. I'm a glass half full kind of guy, so let's hope it stays great!
Dan, if you were privy the the phone call I had last week you'd think differently.