Taczone question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

Taczone question

Post by strum »

At first I saw a lot of guys with problems and trading them in ..
Are they improving them at all? Anybody know?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
taz3

Re: Taczone question

Post by taz3 »

According to the new 405 ad on youtube they have changed the scope, but I'm not sure if this will be for the complete Matrix line up or not. I'm still surprised they don't offer them with open sights as the other packages were offered in previous years.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

taz3 wrote:According to the new 405 ad on youtube they have changed the scope, but I'm not sure if this will be for the complete Matrix line up or not. I'm still surprised they don't offer them with open sights as the other packages were offered in previous years.
I thought that as well about the open sights, but there is no provisions (dovetail) to mount a front sight on the Matrix series crossbows.

As for scopes:
The Matrix 405 Mega comes with the Twilight DLX scope.
The Matrix 380 (Xtra, Blackout & Lynx) & Matrix 355 comes with the Tact-Zone scope.
The Matrix 330 comes with the Vari-Zone scope.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I thought that as well about the open sights, but there is no provisions (dovetail) to mount a front sight on the Matrix series crossbows.
Danny Miller is on this. He's going to look for a mfgr at the ATA show.

According to him, the only current solution would be an older style plate w/ dovetail, you'd have to drill and tap two screw holes in the riser.
"Eze 18:21"
massbow

Post by massbow »

I may be the only one but I still love my tach zone
Team 355
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I would still like to get my hands on a Tact-Zone- Scope. I almost had bought one but a guy backed out on buying some stuff I had sold to him and it left me short for my deal so I lost the Tact-Zone Scope another guy had up for sale. :roll: , just my my luck, :lol: :lol: :lol: , there will be another one come up probably just not right next door to your own province though, shucks.
Thanks,
Raymond
Mtnfun

Post by Mtnfun »

The scope on 355 is not clear out to edges and I had to get it just right on eye relief. The scope on 380 is totally different and love it
Prorudy

Post by Prorudy »

Yes the new and improved Tact Zone scope is excellent !!
My brother and I had the older version with the fish eye effect , and the eye relief problem... I brought both scopes back and exchanged them for the newer version.. The only reason I don't buy another is because they are guaranteed for life !
lovelight

Post by lovelight »

Prorudy wrote:Yes the new and improved Tact Zone scope is excellent !!
My brother and I had the older version with the fish eye effect , and the eye relief problem... I brought both scopes back and exchanged them for the newer version.. The only reason I don't buy another is because they are guaranteed for life !
That could explain it. I really can't see anything wrong with my Tact Zone and I've been trying. My bow is new so I assume it would have a newer version. I've literally looked through the thing until my eyes got weak from staring. I couldn't find anything wrong with the eye relief or edge clarity/focus. There was one night where I started to freak out because it started to look blurry to me. Then I remembered to flip up the scope covers. :lol: Problem solved!

My rifles have Leupold and Swarovski scopes on them so I've been spoiled in that regard. But for 40-50 yard shots, these scopes would work quite well. It's a totally different deal than shooting 300 yards at dusk.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

awshucks wrote:
Danny Miller is on this. He's going to look for a mfgr at the ATA show.

According to him, the only current solution would be an older style plate w/ dovetail, you'd have to drill and tap two screw holes in the riser.
Is the trigger unit on a Matrix drilled and tapped like the traditioal Excals, so that you can mount a rear peep?
Normous

Post by Normous »

flightattendant100 wrote: Is the trigger unit on a Matrix drilled and tapped like the traditioal Excals, so that you can mount a rear peep?
Paul, I just checked my factory Matrix trigger units and found 4 tap holes on top of the unit. Two are for the arrow retainer and two remain.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
oldnbroken

Post by oldnbroken »

My 380 came shipped from factory in October and the Taczone was defective. (Not only not clear but had junk in the tube and green side was intermittent)
Holding for the replacement to be shipped from Woodys. Apparently there was a back order. Sure hope it is clear and operational I very much liked the features and size.
Backin up ain't the same as given in...Been there and done that and paying the price... meanwhile looking to the next double dog dare.
strum

Post by strum »

oldnbroken wrote:My 380 came shipped from factory in October and the Taczone was defective. (Not only not clear but had junk in the tube and green side was intermittent)
Holding for the replacement to be shipped from Woodys. Apparently there was a back order. Sure hope it is clear and operational I very much liked the features and size.
since oct and still no replacement? that bites :(
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Adelmo

Post by Adelmo »

I just received replacement Tact-Zone for my 355 and very happy so far.

I mounted the Tact Zone to rear most position and no issues.

I have mostly Leupold on my rifle scopes and currently no plans switching out.