Adrian J Hare

Why I hunt Coyotes

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
tammie

Re: Why I hunt Coyotes

Post by tammie »

we always shoot them ,it will improve your deer population.
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)
oldnbroken

Post by oldnbroken »

They do keep the deer on their toes and moving along the evolutionary chain. Interestingly there is some evidence that when coyotes are removed from the current average midwest landscape other predators such as foxes, coons, possums,skunks snakes etc's.numbers rise and most other small game suffers as a result.
Not sure it holds true in all circumstances but something to consider.
Meanwhile I'd like to see the postulation become fact in the north west and have the Grizzlies eat up all the wolves!!!

BTW: I shoot yotes too...and trap the heck out of coons n the other critters.
Backin up ain't the same as given in...Been there and done that and paying the price... meanwhile looking to the next double dog dare.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

They are a nuisance but don't have nearly the toll on deer that wolves do. Indications are that every wolf requires some 14 deer per yr to survive. Once they move in, deer either get diminished or move out. MN now has one of the largest wold populations in the lower 48, some 3,200 individuals. So many that there was a season the past two yrs; some 400 killed both yrs. Not nearly enough but the wolf lovers - mostly from metro areas - howl up a storm of protest each yr. One thing good about wolves, when they move in coyotes largely vanish.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Cossack wrote:They are a nuisance but don't have nearly the toll on deer that wolves do. Indications are that every wolf requires some 14 deer per yr to survive. Once they move in, deer either get diminished or move out. MN now has one of the largest wold populations in the lower 48, some 3,200 individuals. So many that there was a season the past two yrs; some 400 killed both yrs. Not nearly enough but the wolf lovers - mostly from metro areas - howl up a storm of protest each yr. One thing good about wolves, when they move in coyotes largely vanish.
Wolves are higher up the chain and kill off the coyotes.
Many time coyotes actually move into urban areas for safety.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Gimme yotes over wolves, deer over yotes.

dogs belong in houses. when those wiley lil buggers start yippin it sends shivers all the way down my spine right to ma trigger finger.. powpowpow powpow

pow
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

one shot scott wrote:Gimme yotes over wolves, deer over yotes.

dogs belong in houses. when those wiley lil buggers start yippin it sends shivers all the way down my spine right to ma trigger finger.. powpowpow powpow

pow
lol-loved it :lol: :lol: :lol:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

yip-yip-yipyipYIPPEEE!!!!!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Dogs got so bad where I hunt they were coming right up to the house and pets were disappearing. We shoot them on sight, I also dog hunt on two farms that have yote problems.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone